1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDvd audio on menu doesn't sync up

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Hieuly77, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Hieuly77

Hieuly77 Member

I have no problem converting files. However, when I'm making the root menu or chapter menus the audio doesn't sync up with the video. The main movie will but not the menus. For example if I chose a scene starting from 49:34 and I do the same with the audio for that menu it's always off. Shouldn't the audio match the video since I'm using the same start time? Or am I missing something here? Does anybody know why it does this and how I can correct it?

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Are you using the most updated version?

3. Hieuly77

Hieuly77 Member

No I'm not could that be an issue?

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I recommend that you start with that first before you explore other options.

5. benngrimm

benngrimm Member

I have the same problem even with the latest version. The audio seems to be about 5 seconds off. I even tried to compensate by 5 seconds for the audio, but still have issues. How would I fix this problem?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  6. davexnet

davexnet Active member

7. scum101

scum101 Guest

I think it's a length/keyframe problem. I always take the video for menus and actually copy it out of the movie and put it on as a completely standalone file... also helps as the menu aspect ratio and sizes are fixed whereas the film doesn't have to be any particular standard. Also helps to get a nice loop.. music or whatever effect it may be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
  8. benngrimm

benngrimm Member

So you split like 20 secs from the main video and it fixes the audio sync and aspect ratio issues? Man it seems like a lot of work.

9. scum101

scum101 Guest

Takes seconds.. literally .. avidemux.. set start point.. set end point.. then save as.. and it will make a copy of the bit you want.. split on keyframes then save in the precise mpeg2 format you want for pixels..

That sounds too hard? .. well what you are doing now obviously doesn't work.

I make dvd's from anime series with 2 views and 4 sets of language audio and 4 sets of subs.. all with animated menus.. and it's the easiest way I have found to handle all the different parts of a multi layer animated menu.. each section gets it's own vts entry and mpeg vob ..

I don't use convertX .. it went out of favour in my books years ago as freeware tools like dvd-styler and dvd-flick took the lead... but I use dvd:author.. because I find it easier for my needs to be able to manually edit a menu creation and layout xml file. (I know WAY too much about dvd menu creation and stuff)

you really want to learn how to make dvd's that will stun your friends and get other people accusing you of buying them? ..

http://www.videohelp.com/guides/category/how-to-author-a-complex-dvd-3;24#3;24

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010