1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convertxtodvd (Have audio but no video)

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by gracie1979, Jul 29, 2013.

1. gracie1979

gracie1979 Newbie

Hi,

I burned an avi. file to dvd using convertxtodvd and when I went to go check the disc and play it back once it was done, I noticed in one section of the disc, the screen was blank but the audio was playing. It did not do this through the whole film though. It was several clips mixed into one movie and I just noticed it in that one particular place when checking. I have not had a chance to check other dvd players yet. I was using my computer when I saw this. I have used this program many times and have not had this issue. The only thing I did different was that I changed the codec settings to best from normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does ConvertX ouput the files to a folder before burning the disk?
    If it does, play the video and see if it fails at the same spot.
    If it does, put the setting back the way it was before you changed it and start the conversion again - but don't tell it to burn the disk until you check the output folder.

3. gracie1979

gracie1979 Newbie

Thank you attar! After doing some more investigation, I'm sure that this is a rendering issue with the editing software that I'm using. After doing some searches, I have noticed other people with the same problem with the software. Thank you for replying!

4. attar

attar Senior member

AVStoDVD is free, supported by the author and updated frequently.
    It also uses better burning sofware.