1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convertxtodvd is only burning 15 mins. of the movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whebster, Mar 3, 2007.

1. whebster

whebster Guest

I've read the tutorial on this and i'm sure i'm doing it right, however i'm a bit confused.Why am i only getting the first 2 chapters of the movie,it plays fine through media player, so i know the files ok.Also how long should it take to actually burn to dvd.I'v stopped the burner manually(opened it)after almost an hour and it's the same thing.The movie stops at the same scene.This is my 4rth disc i've used.
    Thanks

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

WOW, you certainly are a busy member, so far you've tried NeroVision, WinAVI and now ConvertX. I would recommend you get used to one particular program before trying others....saves a LOT of confusion.

3. whebster

whebster Guest

I'm just trying to find something that works for me.I was doing fine w/ nero 6 until i began having problems w/ adding files.I then upgraded to nero 7 only to continue to have problems.After reading random threads and discovering convertxtodvd, i got my hands on the full version and was impressed on how simple it seemed to be.I actually think this is the ideal program, now only if i can get pass this hick up.
    If this is confusing to you, maybe you shoul'nt try to solve everyones problems.(just saying)
    I really appreciate the help and advice you've given me in past threads but i don't see any reason for you to respond to any more of my posts unless you are giving more of that helpful advice.

This site has really been helpful and i've always tried researching my questions befor posting, so not to double post and cause "confusion"

(i know you're a high ranking member of this site, so if you feel you need to retort w/ something sly and witty, go ahead)
    Thanks

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

In previous threads you said your movie was in 5 parts (AVI files)...are you sure you have added ALL the files to ConvertX....and YES ConvertX is an excellent, easy to use program.
    I'm sure you would have overcome your Nero problem had you persisted.

[bold]Rank means NOTHING, it's the quality of the response that really counts....sorry NO RETORTS!![/bold]

Good luck.

5. whebster

whebster Guest

I did'nt give up on nero, i just found convert, also i never said anything about a 5 part file.

Altough when i try adding this file by dragging, it says "atleast one file can't be converted, see log file for more details but when i go to file, add video file, it alloows it to be added.

log file says, "is unsupported or not A/V file"