1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD - is there a way to schedule or do multiple conversions overnight?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by tafkas, Mar 14, 2008.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

2. tafkas

tafkas Member

Ok thanks. I thought maybe there was a new build for the non-beta one. Maybe I will try the beta though.

Another question (sorry!) - something very strange is now happening on my PC after I installed those codecs. I don't see why they would affect this, but this is windoze after all.

What is happening now is something very crazy with IMGBURN. I have never seen this before, and it was working fine this morning. But now, after I burn a DVD and then go on to burn another one, I consistently get this error:

"Device IO Control
    FSCTL_lock_volume failed
    Unable to lock volume for exclusive access
    Reason - access denied"

So far I can "fix" this by exiting IMGBURN, then restarting. I have a pile of DVD folders to burn tonight so I will keep a close watch on this. I am running v2.4.0.0, under XP SP2.

Have you ever come across any wierdness like this after installing that codec pack? And is there anything logical to suggest that they could be behind this? This makes no sense....sigh...in and of itself I guess it is no big deal since I have a workaround, but it is a PITA and makes me wonder what else might now might also be acting funny that I don't know about yet.

I also did try rebooting and IMGBURN works after doing that (for one DVD) but then just has the same problem if I try to burn another one.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I believe imgburn is included in with DVD Flick but i personally never use embedded burning tools witihin programs, i just burn my way separately.

I don't think anything codec-wise would affect imgburn, unless you're using dvd flick to burn; but saying that i believe the imgburn you get with flick is phsysically separate from another install of imgburn.. Maybe try some googling; I only have an old version of imgburn loaded, and i never use it, i'm still happy with me trusty Nero 6.6.0.18 for all burning..

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  4. tafkas

tafkas Member

Strangely it stopped doing this (?). Makes no sense. Just burned 4 in a row normally. Will keep my eye on it & another thing to try to read up on/understand.

THX AGAIN for all yer help.