1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Graylion, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Graylion

Graylion Member

I am using the trial version of the above programme, and have successfully burned a conversion to DVD. The disc works perfectly on my computer with full sound and colour. however when I try to play it on my Panasonic DVD S47 it plays the full surround sound, but the video is in black and white.

I have checked all the settings in the software, on my Panasonic DVD and on the TV. Everything seems OK!

So I'm wondering if this is a limitation with the trial version which will be eliminated after I buy it. The software is very good otherwise and user friendly for a newbie

Thanks for any help on this

Graylion

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

ConvertX usually just watermarks the output in trial mode. Color is still outputted unless they've changed lately. It could be your player or a bad burn. Do other disks play in color with the Panasonic?

3. Graylion

Graylion Member

I have had no problems with commercial DVD's. This is my first venture into making my own. The interesting thing is that it will play in colour on my PC where I burned it. I just want to be sure that this is no a problem with my DVD player. I have tried some of the dvd firmware update sites but there doesn't seem to be anyything available for my model

Graylion

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Put another disk in your player and see if it plays with color. If it doesn't, either the cable(s) to your TV require reseating or something's wrong with your player. If other disks play OK, maybe the burn was just bad. Standalone players can be fussy about what they play back.

5. ebega

ebega Regular member

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but what happens if you try to play a PAL format DVD on an NTSC tv or vice versa? Again, I'm not sure, but I thought playing an incorrect format video could cause a problem like this, and may explain why your PC is playing it correctly, because a PC will usually play either format correctly. Hopefully I'm not making a complete a** of myself and just spewing of bunch of wrong info...lol :)

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Sounds right to me, go into settings-> TV and change 'Automatic' to what you are, NTSC or PAL.