1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convertXtoDVD problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dragnandy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

i have the convertxtodvd program, and i need help on the chapters. I wan t to have each chapter set for each file. like i have 10 video files, i want each chapter to be set for the beginning of each video file. so the first file will be ch.1, second file is ch.2, and so on. but the program sets its chapters by minutes rather than by files. can anybody help me?

2. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

So what your saying is when you press "Next Chapter" button you want it to skip to the next video?

DVDFlick is automatically set to skip to the next video.
    Download it here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_flick.cfm

It's got the same features and functionality as ConvertXtoDVD, except it's 100% free, and allows you to set your bitrate manually so you can squeeze more quality out of your DVDs.
    I would recommend you use that.

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

that was exactly what im asking for. thanks, ill try it soon.

4. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

i have problem with dvdflick now. when i add my video files in, it says its full when theres only like 6 files. but when i check how big the files are, they are alot less than 4.3gb. all 24 video files for only 3gb, but on dvdflick, it always says its too full and it can only hold up 6 files without going over.

5. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Well yes on your hard disk, AVI files are small. When their converted to DVD however, they require a lot more space.

What you can try to do if you really want to squeeze a lot of videos onto one DVD; add all your video files into DVD Flick, ignore the fact it says they exceed the space limitations...

Now go Project Settings> Video Tab> Set the Target Bitrate to Custom> And experiment with the Bitrate to find the highest possible quality that will let you fit all the movies onto a singe DVD5.

When you enter a bitrate value press accept and in the lower right-hand corner of DVD Flick it will display "DVD Disc Space Used". Basically try to get as close as possible to the DVD limit by increasing or decreasing the bitrate, so you squeeze the maximum amount of quality into your videos.

Just word of warning though; bitrates under 2,000Kbp/s will give you sub-par quality, equivalent to watching a VCD. If your trying to fit say 4 or more full-length movies onto one 4.7Gb DVD then forget about it, it's not worth it, unless you like watching colourful blocks on your TV. At least try burning to a Dual Layer DVD if you find the quality is just too low when you try decreasing the bitrate.