1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convertxtodvd problems

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by nicey, Feb 14, 2007.

1. nicey

nicey Member

ive been using covertxtodvd for long time and up till now had no problems,ive just tried to convert a film, it starts to encode but in the description panel i getthe messages (init preview error),
    (unable to reach the internet update site<socket error#10022invalid argument> @(direct x preview is not available.filter not installed).ive also noticed that theres no picture in the preview window.im very green with computing so i was hoping for some help in solving the problems.
    thanks

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

are you having this problem with just this file or is it with every file you try to convert? what file format is it? If you're having trouble with the program itself and all of a sudden the program isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing then I would download and install the latest version and try it again! don't know what could be the problem other than the file you are trying to convert or the program is missing something all of a sudden and you need to reinstall.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

v2.1.14.223 there is a known issue, GREEN preview and green output, for some reason.

VSO are working on it.

As for Init Preview, make sure you have DirectX v9.0c installed.

Other than that, not sure what would cause it.

As IHoe said, something uninstalling ConvertXtoDVD and deleting both keys (HK Local Machine and HK Current User) for ConvertXtoDVD, reboot and install 100% fresh helps sometimes.

My 2 cents...