1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXToDVD Question Regarding Aspect Ratios

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by GLcorps, May 31, 2007.

1. GLcorps

GLcorps Member

Hello everyone. I just got the ConvertXToDVD software to convert/burn avi to DVD. I think this is one of the best software as I don't have audio sync problems like I've had with Nero Vision.

I had a question to those who have used this software. Is there a specific setting to convert/burn avi movies that have the aspect ratio of 2.39:1?

I tried switching different settings but the end result is a 2.39:1 movie trimmed to 16:9 size. I don't know if changing the 4:3/16:9 setting would be of difference. I hope somebody has the answer as I don't want to have to switch to another converter as I seemed to like this software at the moment.

Any help, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. attar

attar Senior member

The 4:3 or 16:9 setting in Convertx reflects the type of TV screen you have.
    That is a movie filmed in widescreen (16:9) is shown in a letterbox (black bands top and bottom) on an 'old' 4:3 TV set.