1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD question

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by barbaro2, May 13, 2007.

1. barbaro2

barbaro2 Member

I recently downloaded a trial copy of ConvertXtoDVD and used it to burn a DVD. Since there was still plenty of room on the disk and the disk is +RW, today I wanted to add a couple more files to the end, after the material that was already burned onto it. Apparently I erased the original material, though, and only the new stuff is now on the disk.

So my question is, how do I keep from erasing material like this? How do I instruct the program to add the newly burned files AFTER anything that is already present on the disk? Or is it even possible to add on to the end?

I'm very much a newbie at all this so please don't laugh too much if the answer is really easy. And please try to use the most simple language possible in your answer. I don't know much about the technical aspects of all this.

2. attar

attar Senior member

On the 'Settings' > 'Burner' tab (if you want ConvertX to burn your disk) check only the 'Burn Results to DVD' box, leave everything else unchecked.
    Sometimes the burn is not successful and you end up without your original files.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  3. barbaro2

barbaro2 Member

I tried that several times last night and each time it simply wiped out whatever was originally on the disk instead of adding on after it. Thanks anyway...

4. attar

attar Senior member

You are 100% correct.I did not pick up on the fact that you were using a RW disk.
    I tried it and of course the disk is erased before the burn.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

ConvertXToDVD will burn the results of your conversion to disk.... If your disk is an RW disk it needs to be erased before the burn! That's why you will always find that the original files get erased, then the new files burned in it's place. Now you can do this..... let ConvertXToDVD burn to hard drive... then use a progam that will keep the burning session open and burn to the RW disk.... but remember ..... to view the files you are burning the disk as a data DVD... not a DVD-ROM and you will find your movie in a folder! I don't know if you will be able to view it on your stand alone DVD player! Now if you put more onto the disk it will be files and not DVD compliant files! What you are trying to do is first burn with ConvertXToDVD and then Burn another movie onto that! well..... I would convert the files that you want onto your hard drive then use Nero Recode or Shrink to ad your TITLE SETS to one DVD!~ it's all in the matter of what you want to do .... not just fill up a disk because it has room! The RW disk won't allow you to do it that way..... and a DVD structure will only allow you do have one DVD structure on a disk. Sooooo If you want more than one video file onto a disk you can use ConvertXToDVD to ADD your files... let it convert it to DVD Compliant files (one DVD STructure and a menu to pick your files to watch) and then burn! I know it sounds confusing but it's the way things are done because of the standard of the DVD forum on how DVDs works.