1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDvd Shutsdown PC

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by janega, May 15, 2007.

1. janega

janega Member

I have vso ConvertXtoDvd and was using on my P4 3.4ghz 1.5gb ram machine fine for converting multiple avi files into on DVD movie. The problem is when I installed the software and ran on my other computer Pentium D 3.0ghz dual core processor 1gb ram it crashes after about a minute of conversion time. Anyone got any ideas why? The program maxs out CPU usage at around 97-100% and then my machine will just shutdown. I have sufficient cooling but I do not think the CPU is overheating. Any insight is always appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Do you have another program to try and narrow down if it is program or hardware?

DVD Flick is free. http://www.dvdflick.net

4. janega

janega Member

I will try this monitoring tool however I tried converting the video with Nero and my machine shutdown as well. I was converting with DVD Flick but this was painstakingly slow but the machine did not shutdown so I still not sure where the problem lies. I put a new CPU heat sink just in case the CPU is overheating and shutting down the PC to prevent damage to the processor.