1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD/SLOW burning

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mklvon, Aug 22, 2011.

1. mklvon

mklvon Member

i just bought an external dvd burner as my old dvd burner bit the dust. the model i bought is an LG External Super Multi DVD Rewriter 24X. as i mentioned, i use Convertxtodvd to burn dvds. After it converts the video, the burner DRAGS at burning...after 2 hours, the actual burning process was at only 14 percent. The only reason i ask for help is this burner is supposed to be as twice as fast as my old one, and the old one would actually burn in about 5 minutes, after conversion. Anyone, can you helP?

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

3. mklvon

mklvon Member

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

That was my best idea. Strange that you found no first or second ide on your listing. The instructions were very graphic and should be easy to follow.

Since that did not solve anything ... something is seriously wrong. I would suggest waiting to see if anyone else has another idea.

5. mklvon

mklvon Member

i am assuming the burning issue has something to do with convertxtodvd...i've never had a problem with it before, but i tried Nero and am using it, and it's burning fast...no problems whatsoever....but thank you for all the help...i really appreciate it!!

6. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Glad to hear it is working out for you. I have used ConvertX to convert only; use Nero or ImgBurn to burn.

7. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i use dvdflick (imgburn is included with it) to convert avi's to dvd.encoding can take an hour but burning usually about 10-15minutes using imgburn (usually about 12mins).also use cdburnerxp and dvdfab.