1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convertxtodvd

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by westy37, Sep 19, 2008.

1. westy37

westy37 Member

hi all sorry this might be a bit trivial but whenever i use convertxtodvd and i try to use 2 files , i burn it off and it stops half way through... how do i convert the two files without it stoppin half way thru, so that it all plays at 1 go
    tia john

2. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

@westy37....hey to merge files on CONVERTXTODVD.....dragg then drop the 1st half into convertxtodvd.....then use your mouse to highlight the file and title....to your right and midway down the screen is an icon (i forget it's name). Once you click the icon the 1st file is highlighted in green. Again to the right you will see a place to add the 2nd file. drag & drop the 2nd file and their and click ok. The files merge seemlessly. I do this with video AVI files that I have aquired in 2 parts. Make sure your aspect ratios are the same on both files.

3. westy37

westy37 Member

hi thx for your response, ive been using convertxtodvd for sometime now but for some reason , i dont know why because ive not changed any setting but whenever i burn a 2 file disc off the disc stops at the join... when i load the disc into my dvd player it shows at the menu the 2 files and the disc stops at the scene were the 2 files join,i can watch the 2nd file but i dont know why it is now stopping any help would be appreciated tia john

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

an easier fix if your input files are avi's is to join the 2 files into 1. Avidemux will join with no loss in quality and keep everything in sync.

use the free avidemux
    1.open first file cd1
    2.append second file cd2
    3.make sure video/audio is set to copy
    4.save new file with a different name example movie.avi , the joining of the 2 files takes less than 5 minutes.
    5.You can also edit the avi before joining (at the join location) so the transition comes out better if needed.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/screenshots.html

with convertxtodvd, you can also try to check the block to auto play the movie, one right after the other. But sometimes there might be a slight delay.

To me it's best to join them, then to have convertx try and figure it out. I've also encountered this problem before.

5. westy37

westy37 Member

hi just tried it ... it worked spot on thx for your help

6. zylene

zylene Member

Simple check the option sequential playback, this will play one after another without going to the dvd menu.

7. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Also note that CXD 3 will merge and offers a host of new, useful Video resizing methods (can be a bit confusing to use though).

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  8. txsfrbl

txsfrbl Member

Also you can uncheck include menu in the settings. With sequential playback checked you'll get a joined feature.

9. RRutter

RRutter Member

I would use ConvertXToDvd to convert the avi/divx/etc. movie file you are trying to burn, and use Toast/Popcorn to burn it - ConvertXToDvd does not have the best burning software built in.

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I use Imgburn to manually burn my files when ConvertXtoDVD is finished encoding. I've heard the VSO burn engine is excellent, but I don't like auto burning.

11. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

I also use Imgburn after ConvertXtoDVD or TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 even though they both have their own built in burn engines just because I'm sold on Imgburn. Have you ever tried auto burning with DVD Rebuilder Pro as it uses Imgburn in "one click" mode set to burn automatically. I just bought it and have used it only once to encode to .ISO and then maually burn with Imgburn. But then I thought, "What's the point of that if it uses Imgburn anyway". Is there a specific reason you don't like the auto option? Is there a greater margin for error? Or, is that method just "your thing"?

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

One reason i don't like auto-burning is that for some burns i like to do multiple concurrent burns, plus imgburn can't do that(well imgburn can't even do that anyways).
    I just like to do all encoding, then have all the various output files sat ready for burning. I rarely burn things straight after encoding plus i do that many movies there's just no point in auto-burning. I plough through the (many) burnings in various sittings.

13. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

How do you do concurrent burning (more than one at the same time)? Did you mean consecutive burns (one after another)? If I knew how to do concurrent burns that would make my day (exaggeration). I keep all my .ISO files on a large external hard drive waiting in line, so to speak. Also, what kind of various settings and why?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  14. creaky

No i mean sittings, too many films to do at once. I like full control of my burning anyway, no auto pilot burning here :)

I often want 2 or more copies of the same movie, so i use Nero's 'multiple recorder' feature ie can burn the same movie to more than one burner at once.

15. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Sorry about misreading "sittings", hehe, but I got all worked up when you mentioned concurrent burning. I have Nero 7 Ultra on my machine but I've never discovered the "multiple recorder" feature. In fact, until now I've never even heard it mentioned. Is that available on version 7?

16. creaky

It's in the Recorder/Choose Recorder dropdown choices.

ie

[​IMG]

It's only in the 'higher end' Nero suites, though i can't remember the names of the different suites. Mine's called Enterprise or Ultra edition, or something like that.

17. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

"It's only in the 'higher end' Nero suites, though i can't remember the names of the different suites. Mine's called 'Ultra edition' or something like that i think." - creaky

Thanks creaky. Now you've given me something new to explore.

18. creaky

No worries. I have 6 burners on my main machine, 3 internal (2 are SATA-II, 1 is IDE) and 3 USB2.0. Oh and of course my main ripping drive is a 5yr old LG DVD-Rom/CD writer combo drive in another USB2.0 enclosure. Another 2 USB2.0 drives as spares but it would be silly to connect those up too LOL. The maximum concurrent copies i've ever done is 3 though, and i vaguely recall that Nero's limit is 4 burners at once, i might be wrong, just no need to ever do more than 3.
    I love the fact that i can just throw in whichever discs i want, -R, +R, 8x, 16x or combinations of all, and bam, it just works (including booktyping of only the relevant discs). USB2.0 has a usable (ie stable) limit of 8x burning as far as i remember, it just happens i only ever do 8x max anyways.

19. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

"It's only in the 'higher end' Nero suites, though i can't remember the names of the different suites. Mine's called 'Ultra edition' or something like that i think." - creaky

I found the " multiple recorder" setting in Nero 7 Ultra under Nero Burning ROM in the "burn tab" settings. I selected it and now it recognizes both my burners as "OK" just like in your screenshot. Now to figure out how to assign a separate .ISO file to each burner. I'm not ordinarily a big fan of Nero, but if this works (on my machine) I'm definitely changing my mind.

20. creaky

No, it's only for the same data, not different movies...