1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by swog, Aug 5, 2009.

1. swog

swog Member

I have had success with this software allowing me to watch different formats on my stand alone DVD player, so now it has not worked I'm a bit stuck and would appreciate some help.

This time I am trying to convert a MP4 file so I can watch it on DVD machine ... not on my PC.
    It asks me to select my donor file (mp4) then I set the finished outcome to be DVD - here it goes wrong and tells me this is not possible.

It doesn't recommend installing any codec's so I wonder if I am using the wrong software for the task or do I need a codec (I've read it's not advisable to fill up with too many codec packs, so am after info first)

Any help please guys.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

It's not so much a codec problem as a screwy mp4 format file.. you need to either convert that input file to something sensible (I'm guessing it's something made for an ipod or similar) or try a different transcode/author program which might support the input format.. how about dvd flick (freeware)

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I know converXtoDVD supports mp4 files, so I guess the file you have may be corrupted, which is why it can't convert it.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

mp4 can be any of about 20 codecs.. convertx only supports about 5 of those.

still wasting our time anyway.. we don't even know if this file plays.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  5. swog

swog Member

What a Fool I am.

I've read all you're advice.... thanks. In the end after suggestions of a corrupt file I decided to watch it on my PC with VLC and then KMPlayer with no luck, both mentioning a corrupt file. The first time I've encountered such a problem so never gave it a thought - must have been lucky so far.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction everyone.

6. ispy

ispy Regular member

I found that Mp4 files from the BBC iPlayer will not convert with ConvertXtoDVD because of issues with the DRM so maybe your files were also protected in some way