1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COOLSAT 5000 - 6100 PART 3 - Come and join our Misery and endless moaning

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by friend9, Jul 2, 2008.

1. COOLNAZA

COOLNAZA Regular member

[
    quote=ArmaanSat]well folks, we're back to crap service[/quote]

I agree....I'm ordering another box(SV 360).My SV4K been up for long time...now my cs5k will come to an end!!!

2. elswayyyy

elswayyyy Guest

aw say it aint so. so which would be the best receiver to buy in your opinions?

3. flexican

flexican Regular member

so what happend to all that mumbo jumbo that we heard that they would continue to support us loyal customers. what a crock. cruelsat has been nothing but dissapointements. loved it but love only goes so far. i to am going to another and will never recomend coolsat. if anything will discourage the purchase of. will keep as paper weight to hope to get what little use of but can anyone tell me what reciever has similarites minus the down time. thanks all your comments are apreciated.

4. COOLNAZA

COOLNAZA Regular member

flexican....I have a SV4K and had work super,have a nice menu,easy to load bin by USB.Have been up since Jan 9. SV have discontinue it.But came with the SV360.I just ordered the SV360 Premier for $125 including shipping.They also have the 360 Elite.Same stb with more goodies on it.But the must important.....the support is the best,always withing hrs(3-4 must of the time).
    Viewsat also have an excellent support too.So either one is an excellent choice.
    Hope this help.
    I own 2 CS5K for sale...super cheap!!!

5. lallu13

lallu13 Member

Hey coolnaza, where did u buy your sonicview 360 premier from?

6. flexican

flexican Regular member

thank you coolnaza . as always very much appriciated. think ill try one of each. one for my room . living room and as a gift after i figure out which i like best. the get the other. lol. as per the last question from hallu where do you recomend to purchase from. thanks again.

7. COOLNAZA

COOLNAZA Regular member

Check on e-bay. I order mine from TV Toys.They were asking $134.99,you can make offers,so I offered $125 and they accepted,including shipping.Also they are SV dealers(important so you don't get a clone).There are a couple of sellers on E-Bay, take a notebook and make a list of sellers and price on your model.Some offer cheaper prices,but when you add shipping,price goes up.
    Don'y forget the support,that's why i selected SV and my experience with my SV4K (still up)and they have a 2 year warranty.
    Viwesat are good too and excellent support.There was model for $98 and is USB loadable.
    Hope this help.

8. Deepwater

Deepwater Member

Be careful to buy only from dealer! Many clones on fleabay. You can check dealers on their VS websites at viewsatusa.xxx If you own a clone, some of the bins will contain a "kill" code. They will whip out your clone box forever. All dealers have a stamp with their dealer # on it. I own a vs 2k ultra, and is very easy to load and setup. I have been out of it, but is cs down now? bin 204 is latest? Good luck testing

9. ArmaanSat

ArmaanSat Member

Got this update from brotherhood....

"Update from Norw-Group 04/02/09
    C & P from norw-group (posted 04/02/09, 6:54 PM PST)
    Update
    We apologize for the delay of patch files. We have moved our locations as part of security and it take longer than we plan. Patches are being made and we will submit on site when complete."

then couple days later admin replied with...

"Rumors are flying more and more that N3 has been cracked and so you could be right, money is the key to releaseing it."

I have no clue what to think. I want to be optimistic but I knew what that did for me last time around lol.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  10. flexican

flexican Regular member

any news on new bin or if and when they are going to keep supporting as they said they were going to. I emailed those clowns at coolsat gave them a peice of my mind and havent heard back from them . apperantly too busy doing nothing. no support no email no consideration.. hope vs doesnt go the way of coolsat.

11. COOLNAZA

COOLNAZA Regular member

flexican..you have a lot of patience..my respect for that!! I'm enjoying my new SV360 Premier.Working flawless with the Jan 8 bin(175).I put my 2 CS5K to R.I.P. Maybe if in the far away future there is support...i maight resurrect them!!!!!!!!

12. flexican

flexican Regular member

got cable too but when nothing else on I like having options. but am looking for sv just havent commited to type.

13. elswayyyy

elswayyyy Guest

have been using a cs5k for a couple of years but just picked up a viewsat ultra cuz it was free. not sure if i loaded the bin correctly or even if the bin is working. can someone direct me to a forum on vs ultra 2000 just so i can ask some questions and find out if bins are up or what,,, thx so much.

14. jackill

jackill Regular member

can sum1tell me what this coolsat is please is this a cablebox and how it works ect..........

15. flexican

flexican Regular member

it is a free to air satilite reciever. lets you pick up sat channels. not cable box.

16. flexican

flexican Regular member

but with the support it has it is now better used as a door stop or paper weight.

17. col23

col23 Member

Hi Guys! Im reading your thread with interest and just wondering what channels - sports,movies etc is it possible to view if i bought and installed a sv360 box? also are there bins, cams that allow to view other than fta channels? Thanks

18. COOLNAZA

COOLNAZA Regular member

Just about all of them,except adults that were move to N3 and eventually all of them,wil be moving to n3. Then wait until our friends come with new bins for the n3. Hopefully soon.

19. lallu13

lallu13 Member

hey coolnaza, is there a special thread for sonicview users or not? After reading your comments and review about sonicview premier 360, I have order one for myself which is expected to arrive tomorrow. Just to get head start, i was wondering if you can provide me some tips for installation. I was using coolsat 5000, so i have all the dish setup ready. Do i just have to replace the receiver or do i need to do anything else before connecting the receiver? Thanks in advanced.

20. franncis

franncis Member