1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolsat 5000 Questions PART 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Blnkstare, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breck68

breck68 Guest

Was so nice and quiet around here for the last couple months.
    Kind of liked it to be here with no problems.

Way ta go Blankstare. Pissed off a Mod. LOL

STOP IT.

Hope they disable that damn quote thing.
    Don't want to upset anyone.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The quote feature is fine and actually very useful, but more than two or three quotes is unnecessary and bothersome.

3. bill038

bill038 Guest

WOW.....I'm really learning how to walk on egg shells after today.

4. breck68

breck68 Guest

I got a question for you. I took a look at the rules, and the second post of CASE, is very poorly done. Kind of contradicts itself.

Case: Pirated material, such as serial numbers and direct links to pirated, copyrighted material (including direct links to torrent files and ed2k links). PROHIBITED

Case: Links to sites offering possibly pirated content (including torrent files and ed2k links). PERMITTED

Links to pirated material prohibited.
    Then says links to possible pirated material permitted.

Which is it?

Case: Posting "descrambling codes" or similar codes that allow unlicensed viewing of protected material. PROHIBITED

Case: Links to sites offering possibly pirated content (including torrent files and ed2k links). PERMITTED

Whether it's codes or files, they both achieve the same thing.
    So how can it be ok with one and not the other?

Case: Technical, in depth discussion about copy protection circumvention (i.e. cracking). PROHIBITED

Case: Discussion about copy protection circumvention in general (extracting encrypted content, such as DVD movies, compact discs, copy protected console and computer software, using existing software). PERMITTED

Both these are pretty much the same.
    How do you know what discusion is to in depth and breaking the rules.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  5. LOCOENG

Breck68, you'll have to address those that make the rules for an answer to that. It is surely a vague set and I simply interpret them apply them according the situation that I'm trying to resolve.

6. breck68

breck68 Guest

Sorry Bill - I won't quote you on that.

7. breck68

breck68 Guest

Ok thanks.

Just reading them seems to contradict, but it's all good.
    I am sure we have broken a lot of these rules and you guys have been cool about it and allowed it to go on within certain limits.

And great job your doing.

You can quote me on that. Sorry - had to do it. LOL

8. bill038

bill038 Guest

I won't quote you either. If I did I would have to go to my room.

9. breck68

breck68 Guest

Or stand in the corner.

10. bill038

bill038 Guest

Have you tested any of the bet files for the nfusion and did you have any problems if you did? Also I see there is a beta 6 now, When is this going to end?

11. breck68

breck68 Guest

I loaded them all and all worked.
    I did have 2 of the betas that the reciever restarted to soon with the webloader adn locked up the receiver.
    I disconnected and loaded the bin with the cable and everything came back ok.

12. Blnkstare

Blnkstare Regular member

Quote,

Not Quote

Big Deal

I moderate at several sites and not once have i ever threatened anyone for "abusing quotes".

Is that a rule?

I dont recall reading it, please post that and make yourself a bit useful

13. LOCOENG

The red bit would be of importance. It's not a rule, but is a nuisance. It was a request which you either didn't see or chose to ignore. If you have a problem with my moderating style please feel free to contact the powers that be.

14. breck68

breck68 Guest

The point of quoting is to refer to a specific person and topic. With several hundred people in the same thread, it gets hard to know who or what your talking about with so many discussions going on at the same time.

I will agree that with too many quotes taking up more than half to a full page is a nuisance, but 4 or 5 or so short quotes carrying on a topic or discussion is more helpful to members looking for help when they can refer to the entire conversation.

Like Blankstare, I run several of my own sites as well as frequent 15-20 others sites on a daily basis, and this is the only one I can say that I have heard of quote abusing. Like I said, it can get out of hand and it is best to start from scratch again.

I would think that if you had to come on here and give out warnings, somebody must have complained. Otherwise I can't see why you would bother when everyone has been getting along, having a good time and learning from the others.

15. larikot

larikot Regular member

please could anybody to show me where Ican find the driver for the usb for the coolsat. thanks

16. LOCOENG

Actually Breck68, you were one of the ones complaining...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/631804/4057250

...I just happened to agree. I don't have any interest in codes or boxes so when I come into the forum I'm only looking for things that should not be here or things that could improve a members surfing experience. I just saw the posts and thought I would be quote "useful" /unquote.

17. breck68

breck68 Guest

It didn't bother me as much as you think.
    I was trying to bee funny and joking about it.

18. iceman99

iceman99 Member

WAAHOOO...coolsat 5000 is working again with bin 174, well atleast for now, LOL!! lets see how long it last

19. breck68

breck68 Guest

What make is it.
    Usually best to go to the manufacturers site and get the drivers directly.

20. breck68

breck68 Guest

It's also working for BEV and DN on 175 on the 4,5,6000

6100 and up only have DN - for bev, we are waiting for a new bin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.