Coolsat 5000 Questions PART 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Blnkstare, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYhardt

KYhardt Guest

Blnk or Breck, turned on my receiver this morning and went to the weather channel (214) got a no signal on my screen. I started going thru the channels and all of the horizonl channels on echo star 7 give me the same message. I took it out from between the sw21 switch and hooked directly to dish. Same problem. Any suggestions?

2. Blnkstare

Blnkstare Regular member

I cant say its horizontal unless you are only pointing at one bird. sw21 uses DiSEqC commands to combine 119/110 to 1 signal at a time going through 1 coax cable. If you removed that switch then only 1 sats signal is going through.

3. KYhardt

KYhardt Guest

119/110 going thru sw21 switch (dish 1) and 92/81 going thru (dish 2) of the switch. I removed the switch and connected straight to 119/110 Get the same channels on 119/110 as before removing the switch. None of the horizonal will come in with or w/out the switch. So removing the switch didn't make any difference. So assume its not the switch.
    BTW: On the second drawing you posted yesterday, is 119 from both LNBs connected to the D**h sw-21 switch (switch on left) or is it the 110 side of both LNBs on this switch, or will it make a difference.

4. larikot

larikot Regular member

sorry I did not see the answer

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  5. telecomm

telecomm Member

larikot,
    the driver for radio shack's usb cable is posted on Bindepot,
    along with instructions.

6. larikot

larikot Regular member

thanx

7. Blnkstare

Blnkstare Regular member

Ok you have 2 Dish with 2 double lnb or 4 dual lnb? If you have DP twins the switch is internal. Have you ever gotten horizontal channels with this setup? I need to know your entire setup. 119/110 91/82 hooked to DiSEqC?

8. KYhardt

KYhardt Guest

I have 2 Dishs (500s) with two double (dishPro) lnbs. The one I'm having problems with, I hooked up to a sw21 to get the 4 sats. The Horizonal channels say no signal. The only thing that changed is we had a storm last night and two or three power surges. I discovered the problem this morning when I went to 214 the weather channel. I have another sw21 (used) but its shorted out. Thats why I was hoping I could use the Chieta 0/22KHz since I will need to purchase another switch and the low loss in signal they have. I would go with the dishpro 44 but think I'll wait for 6 mo to a year to see whats going to happen with D**H and BeV.

9. Blnkstare

Blnkstare Regular member

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, each dish has 2 single dual output lnb or the whole setup has 2 lnb total (two eye encased twins) This is important to see what your options are. Obviously best case scenario is DPP44 switch for 4 sat to 4 receiver/stb.

10. bill038

bill038 Guest

My God, I just got back in here. I have never in my life seen a mod go to such extremes to pick a fight. Must be new at it. A lot of the things he was quoting was stuff that you can take many ways, it's just kind of at the whim of which ever mod reads into it.

Quote/ Administrative actions

Messages that break any of the rules above can be removed or edited by the moderators and administrators of these forums. Even if something isn't specifically mentioned in the rules, it doesn't mean that it would be permitted. It is up to the moderators and administrators to determine what is appropriate and what is not./ Unquote

If you are saying the quotes are not permitted, then turn the dang things off.

My 2 cents, now I feel better.

11. ganipedr

ganipedr Regular member

Yes, that was weird. I agree with Bill. If it is against the rules, just turn the quote button off. Or limit the times a quote can be quoted.

Quotes are a great tool as we can know what the our guru's are answering. Otherwise, we could believe that one answer relates to other question. That would be absurd.

12. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Why you felt the need to perpetuate this is beyond me...it was done as far as I was concerned. Also, I was not trying to pick a fight...it wouldn't be a fair one in the end. Seems as if you are only trying to keep the pot stirred.

I never said the quotes were not permitted, perhaps you should go and reread the previous conversation. The quote feature is an excellent feature when it is used properly, but when the quotes become so large that the text in the middle is only a few words wide and the page margins are thrown off it becomes a problem and is unnecessary.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

bill038 / breck68 / Blnkstare - grow up.

Due to escalating DVB code abuse recently i have the misfortune to subscribe to many DVB threads; anyways, part of the problem i see within those threads and here in the DVB fraternity is quote overload. There may be no rules about quotes but that's where common sense (surely) comes into play. Apart from that i've glanced over the last couple pages of this thread and i see Loco's request re sensible quoting has been used as an excuse for some of you to derail the thread.

Like Loco I also have zero interest in DVB or Satellite systems or anything remotely similar, however we are here to keep the place clean & pleasant for the majority. I have absolutely no qualms about closing threads or suspending idiots/troublemakers regardless of whether i know anything about Coolsat or not.

Grow up or you will be suspended. Feel free to complain about my moderating/comments, either way i suggest you keep your childish comments/arrogant attitudes off the public forums.

14. bill038

bill038 Guest

Like I said I threw in my 2 cents, and I still feel better.

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

bill, shut it as now there are 3 mods here!! the quotes aren't the only things abused as people use the red color for the whole post instead of just a word or 2. they do bold for the same reason or they do a post in caps that we can get them for. all it is is common sense so just use it & everybody will be happy.

16. breck68

breck68 Guest

I am sorry Creaky, I have to disagree with you on the comment that quoting derails the conversation. It actually gathers the information in a single post, so that the conversation can be read from top to bottom. It is one topic and one topic only. With 10,20 or more conversations requesting help are going on in the same thread, it is more confusing to have to read every post individually and try to compile it all hoping that you are reading everything related to one topic.

I guess the easiest way would be to start a new thread for every conversation than to have them all interlocked into one thread.
    Only down fall is having to search every thread for related topics.

Having one thread for discussions for the CS5000, or the CS6000, or the CS6100 allows us to easily access al the information. A one stop read.

I have agreed that some of the quoting has got out of hand, and apologize for many of the members who you consider to have poor quoting techniques. You have to consider that a lot of the members are new here and also new to forums in general. I don't know how many times I have seen people quote something and not even post a reply. But nothing is every said too these people who waste space. I myself chaulk it up to someone inexperienced.

Sorry to say it has come to this in the past several days.
    I feel it has needlessly thrown this thread off topic.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2008
  17. Blnkstare

Blnkstare Regular member

Wow, now thats abuse.

18. Blnkstare

Blnkstare Regular member

I dont think i have ever used the red quote feature or caps unless it is urgent. Bill, breck nd myself are here to help, as we do in other forums, if our help is no longer an asset to this site i will not fancy it. 3-4 mods to question some mods stupidity is rediculous and instigating a fight.

I thought it was done, but apparently not.

If anyone needs help i will be at the depot or nfusionforum.

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Stupidity would be not knowing when to keep your gap shut...enjoy your vacation.

20. Bimmer1

Bimmer1 Guest

WOW suspending someone because you can who is only trying to help people on this forum and telling them to keep there gap shut and enjoy their vacation now thats very stupid and childish. i cant believe you guys are moderators and acting like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.