1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolsat 5000 standby problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by plahens, Sep 26, 2007.

1. plahens

plahens Member

-I have a coolsat 5000 platinum
    -It was using the 149 bin file
    -3 days back it suddenly started turning itself on and off and keeps showing channel 2 and then goes to standby and continues to cycle this way.
    -I reset the factory bin version 1.0 and this behavior stopped ut there are no available channels that work.
    -However if I update the bin to any other version the on/off behavior starts again.
    -So now I cannot get any channels.

I got this box from a private user and not a dealer. Is there any coolsat warranty from the manufacturer?

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Help??

2. koolguy9

koolguy9 Member

I have the same issue. Any aadvice?

3. bill038

bill038 Guest

You should read all the posts about coolsats. Youmay find your answer's there.

Here is a C/P about asimilar problem from kegnfool in another post.

hmmmm.....how long have you had it? have you had any other prior bins before the 149? if not and this is first bin you have put on it , it could be a clone! But...if thats not the case....then...I would do a NVRAM reset. Turn power off with front power button. Then hold the up channel button in while powering on. This should prompt you with a blue screen. Go to bottom right corner and you will see Clear NVRAM. use controller and scroll down to it and hit ok...then power off....then back on...do a factory reset once again....reload bin....then factory reset again.... (the 2nd reest will not delete the file you just loaded) then do you r dish setting , recan...and see if that helps. If you have any further questions regarding this...you can find me at www.electronicguru.net
    Thanks...and good luck!

4. koolguy9

koolguy9 Member

Tried that and it still does not work. I cannot make it to stop that. Is there a hard reset button hidden somewhere?

5. bill038

bill038 Guest

Just the on and off switch on the back.

6. palli1

palli1 Member

Did ever got this problem fixed, because I am having same problem