1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coolsat 6000 down

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by babajess, Aug 2, 2007.

1. breck68

breck68 Guest

Might be your reason. Should be able to tune in to the 90's. Try fine tuning your aim on the dish.

At the moment, I'm pulling in LEVEL 94% QUALITY 97%

2. Cothran

Cothran Guest

Ok, I have downloaded the new bin. I have set up the coolsat rec just as instructed. When I get to the part where it says to connect to tv, plug in coolsat, turn on rear switch, everything is fine, then it states to turn on front switch. When I do this the coolsat cuts it's self off and will not cut back on. I have unhooked everything downloaded everything again and it still does it. I have tried 5 times with now luck. Any ideas........

3. bill038

bill038 Guest

sounds like yo don't have the right cable

4. aqd135

aqd135 Member

I am not getting some channels on my coolsat6000 like CNN,Headline news etc does any body has any idea

5. Cothran

Cothran Guest

I have the rs232 cable. It downloads everything with the coolsat proloader in order like the instructions say, but when I plug everything up and turn it on in order it turns it's self off. Not sure what's going on. No one seems to know what's going on. At this point I am ready to throw it out the back door. I am open to any ideas.......

6. breck68

breck68 Guest

Are you loading the same copy of loader, 100 and 149 each time?
    You may have a corrupt download.
    Try downloading the loader, 100, and 149 elsewhere and see if it helps.

Find a different site.
    I have them here and haven't heard anyone mention any problems with them:

http://www.myfriendsareyourfriends.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34

If it still does it, I would think it's not software and a hardware issue.

7. Cothran

Cothran Guest

I will give that a try. Thanks so much for your help.

8. breck68

breck68 Guest

I know I had a box that I got new, that turned off after 30secs to a min. Then wouldn't come on at all. I had to get a new one to replace it. Have a friend who's huse got hit by lightning and he's going to claim it in his insurance. LOL Gotta love em.

9. Cothran

Cothran Guest

Are you loading the same copy of loader, 100 and 149 each time?
    You may have a corrupt download.
    Try downloading the loader, 100, and 149 elsewhere and see if it helps.

Find a different site.
    I have them here and haven't heard anyone mention any problems with them:

If it still does it, I would think it's not software and a hardware issue.

I think you maybe right about a bad box. I have a coolsat 5000 also but a friend gave me the coolsat 6000. But anyway I have downloaded the 5000 and now have the box hooked back up. The 5000 stayed on. Next problem. I am to the part where I am suppose to call up the menu screen. I use the remote to do this but it want bring up the menu screen. I can see the small red light flashing recognizing the remote but it want pull up any screens. What do you think.....

10. breck68

breck68 Guest

When you click the remote, the light on the remote lights up. Does the red light on the receiver light up?

If not, change your batteries. They may be weak and receiver is not responding.

11. Cothran

Cothran Guest

The light on the remote lights up and the light on the receiver lights up. Is there anyway I can dump all that I have downloaded and re-load everything. Is that an option?????

12. breck68

breck68 Guest

If you download from several sites and have the same result, it's not the software.

13. MikeOB

MikeOB Member

So I'm still havin problems hooing my coolsat 6000 up to my PC using a usb to 9 pin cable.... When I go to Auto Detect it tells me No Available COM port... HELP! LoL I have just about got everything else figured out.

14. breck68

breck68 Guest

Others using USB said you have to install the drivers from the CD that came with your adaptor.

15. bill038

bill038 Guest

16. spucha

spucha Member

Hi,
    I need to reset my coolsat 6000 as it is not working. Please help. When I connect it to the serial port i do not get any thing. I down loaded the 3 files you mentioned, I can not open them as they are .stb files
    Please help ASAP
    Sam

17. breck68

breck68 Guest

You can't open a .stb file. You have to upload them into your receiver.
    You connect your receiver to your pc with the 9-pin cable.
    You can get the factory 100, latest bin, loader and instructions here at my site:

18. b0nez

b0nez Member

Hello, i just bought the 6100 and i'm new to this "coolsat" and fta scene. Can anyone tell or help how i can set up the box w/direct t.v? any help will be appreciated greatly!! thanks...

19. bill038

bill038 Guest

Don't double post.

20. iamburl

iamburl Member

Hi, I am having a similar problem and hope someone can offer some help. I have a coolsat 6000 premium and I have a bell express view dish and am getting a level of 97-98% and quality of 95-97% I have no trouble loading the file on the box I have put the original one then the 149 one on several times this last time following the exact procedure that was in listed earlier in this thread and have tried bins from several sources but when I scan I only get 124 channels most of which are HD which I of course can not watch. According to my friend who has a coolsat5000 I am missing a lot of channels including almost all of the 1300's (I only have 2 - 1397 & 1398) I don't know what more I can try? what could be causing this? and suggestions or advice or even questions on the setup would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007