1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolsat 6000 Help Please...

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MikeOB, Aug 21, 2007.

1. MikeOB

MikeOB Member

I have a coolsat 6000 and it no longer works... I've searched around on here and I think I almost have all that I need. One problem I am having is I need the "Bin" I think it is. Found one that was a zip file and for some reason I can't open it. Breck and Bill seem to know what's going on but I don't know how to e-mail a person on here. Thanks for any help folks!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Make a NEW folder somewhere on your HD and name it something like COOLSAT. Then unzip the download to that folder. The file inside will only be opened by the Coolsat loader program. Its the loader that sends the bin file to the receiver. You open the loader, then select the bin file from the location you unzipped the file to (coolsat folder).

As to sending a Private Message(PM), look at the right top edge of the orange line above my post. There should be a icon of a person's head. If you click on that in my post, you can send me a PM. The same applies to all members. Try not to use the PM feature to ask questions. Its better to ask in open forum so that everyone gets help from the answer.

Jerry

3. bill038

bill038 Guest

Jerry, have you heard anything about the hit coming next month? Supposed to take down all fta for a while. From all the reading I have done it looks kind of nasty and is for sure coming. I guess some of the testing by b3v is already in the works. From what one coder says, they want to get fta down by the start of the nfl season.

Was wondering if you had heard anything

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I read several of those stories also. I saw a post somewhere that FTA will be dead in December too. The coders I know don't seem to be too worried yet. Most have the full Map and think we may be down a few days only if that. It really depends on what changes they actually make to the encryption stream. They can't do too many changes without a complete change out of all receivers that sub. I have heard rumors that they may do that in time but the cost is very high. I guess we have to wait like always and see what they try to do. Everyone thought we were dead last summer and it did take about 3 months, but we are still watching TV, LOL.

Jerry

5. bill038

bill038 Guest

I guess the time to worry is when they start swapping hardware. I know that dn list a 89 mil lawsuit to tivo and I don't think the have paid that off yet, so they might be a bit short of cash, as far as all new hardware is concerned.

6. bill038

bill038 Guest

Have you seen the thread about the viewsat ultra? He is talking about a switch that came with the stb and I am not familiar with the set up he has. Could you take a peek over at it and see what is what? I am heading home from a extended vacation and don't have the time and I hate to leave him in the lurch. I have sent him all the install info that I have but he still seems to be having trouble. If he has a dp 500 I think he needs to chuck that switch, but not sure.

Thanks Bill