1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coolsat6100 help me plz!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by stacey101, Dec 13, 2007.

1. stacey101

stacey101 Member

i have been tvless for about a month or more now, and this is all weve got:( iam so dumb to this reciever, our landlord set it all up for us and it was working great. now its scrammbled, and from what i here, everyones has been, well we recieved the new files i attempted to download them to the usb ( witch they say there on there) then i right clicked and clicked extracted them.. then put the usb in the reciever and nothing happened? and i have no clue what to do now! i am so desperatly wanting this back on ITS CHRISTMAS :( please please i need the steps.. and iam kinda slow with this tech stuff so it has to be in most point for easy talk as possible plz plz plz!!! :(

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

How to Properly load your Coolsat 6100 using the RS232 Cable
    NOTE
    ALWAYS Unplug your receiver BEFORE disconnecting Or Connecting your Coax cable Or RCA cables !! FAILURE to do so

WILL damage your receiver !

1) Download and unzip both the ( COOLSAT 6100_FAC_V0105) and NorW latest release

2) Connect your receiver to your computer using your RS232 cable.

3) Open your Coolsat 6100 Loader click the file button and load your Coolsat_6100_Fac_Vo105 into your loader

4) Timing is everything on this step ! Put your mouse over the download button and as soon as you turn the Back

power switch on your receiver ON click the download button
    If your to slow it will NOT load and you must Repeat this step !

5)When your receiver reboots itself Or you see this ---- turn off the back switch and reconnect it to your TV then

click Menu on your remote and then go to Installation screen and select FACTORY SETTING and click YES to (Reset all

settings) when the factory reset is finished set the Language of choice and then set your time zone. After setting

the time zone the receiver will ask if you want to Auto detect your satellites and switch settings. Say NO at this

time !

6)Now Repeat the First 5 steps to load the Latest NorW 6100-bin !

5b) BUT this time say YES to Auto Detect and it will auto set your LNB type and switch settings and then scan All

the satellites your pointed at !

How to Properly Load a Coolsat 6100 with a USB Flash Drive
    NOTE
    ALWAYS Unplug your receiver BEFORE disconnecting Or Connecting your Coax cable Or RCA cables !! FAILURE to do so

1) Download and unzip both the ( COOLSAT6100_FAC_V0105) and NorW latest release

NOTE: ALL NorW bins and or Factory bins Must NOT be in a Zip file or any other file when put onto your flash drive !

2) Put your flash drive in the USB port on your computer right click on both files and then
    select (Send To) on the dropdown list. Select (removable Disk) and click on it. The files should now be on your

coolsat flash drive

3) With your receiver already turned on plug your coolsat flash drive into the USB port on the Front of your coolsat

6100 receiver.

4) The software Update screen will pop up on your TV. with your remote select the Coolsat_6100_Fac_V0105 file then

click the RED button above the UP button on your remote.and then the OK button.
    When it is finished loading your receiver will reboot and then go into standby mode.
    Remove your USB Flash Drive

5) Click the Red button on the top of remote to turn receiver On and click Menu on your remote and then go to

Installation screen and select System Recovery and select System restore to Factory default when the factory reset

is finished set the Language of choice and then set your time zone. After setting the time zone the receiver will

ask if you want to Auto detect your satellites and switch settings. Say NO at this time !

6)When your receiver reboots into standby mode or shows ---- Click the Red button on the top of remote to turn

receiver On. Once the receiver is On Put your USB Flash drive back in your receiver and Repeat the First 5 steps to

load the Coolsat6100_NorW bin !

5b) BUT this time say YES to Auto Detect and it will auto set your LNB type and switch settings and then scan All

the satellites your pointed at !

NOTE

3. stacey101

stacey101 Member

oh my goodness!! thank you sooo very much! that has been what i was looking for!! in english at that LOL!! thank you so much im attempting right now.. ill let you no :) yay thank you!!

4. stacey101

stacey101 Member

iam so sorry i feel like an idiot! bt i just downloaded winzip.. how do i make sure they are unziped.. maybe thats what im doing wrong.. maybe the box isnt detecting new software cuz it isnt on there right?? iam sorry! but we are getting somewhere!!

5. bill038

bill038 Guest

When you unzip it, have it go into a folder that you make just for that. You will see a small pgm file, I believe it is. Put that on your memory stick. Do not try to open it.

6. bill038

bill038 Guest

If you follow step #2 in the flash drive instructions, and the file shows up on your flash drive, you are good to go.

7. stacey101

stacey101 Member

thank u soooo much.. i did it i missed up on one step.. of shutting down efore doing it again but it seemed to go well.. except its been 15 mind or so and its sayin scrammbel still :( uhhhhh im gonna give up lol

8. bill038

bill038 Guest

Check all your antenna setting and if they haven't changed, turn it off from the back for a few minutes and turn it back on, see if that doesn't get things going.

Good luck.

9. stacey101

stacey101 Member

hellloo again! i am such a pain I NO! ok so i down loaded the the nor v127 again! but still saying scrammbled so i went to this file central site to see the color thing! and it says dish is green and the bev is black? does that mean the scrammbled it again? im so frusterated with this thing! we dont have cable out where we r and the landlord only has this dish thats out there... but honestly lol more of a pain then n e thing at this point!! :(

10. bill038

bill038 Guest

It sounds like there is something messed up in the settings. Have you reset the settings back to what they were before you loaded the new bin?

Did you load the factory bin before you loaded the latest bin?

11. boomxboom

boomxboom Member

hey i downloaded the new bin ver 128 for coolsat6100 but only some channels r working can u tell me wat i shud do

12. stacey101

stacey101 Member

ohh gees no??!! i dont think n e ways all i did was put that 1 file on there and fallowed all the steps you told me! our landlord emailed me the bin to downlaod already unzipped so all i had to do was save it to the reciever! but there was only that one 127 .. ?? and for the settings i just fallowed what you said to do i didnt do anything else!????

13. stacey101

stacey101 Member

where do i get that one from.. ?? lol maaan alive!!!!!!!

14. stacey101

stacey101 Member

ok so i figured out that i had previusly downloaded that other file.. so i unzipped it and put it on there and pluged it in to the computer , then it poped up with them both there and i got confused with witch one to download on so i did the first one then fallowed the steps up untill you said to repeat it! and i did the 127 one at this time... and then fallowed threw the steps found a signal downloaded the channels and it still says scrambled.. but its showing me on the epg everything that is on.. and info on it all so somthings working right! minus the scrambbled chanel that is going to drive me insnae i think! so i just wanted to say thank you so much for your help and time.. but i just cant think of anything else im doing wrong.. uhhh thANX THOW!

15. stacey101

stacey101 Member

yay you are the best of the best!!the 128 was working today.. but its totally not now.. soooo i guess its down again :( how frusterating lol