1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copied dvd movies look pixelated at times

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mookie59, Jan 1, 2005.

1. mookie59

mookie59 Member

I have used DVD Shrink to copy a DVD movie. I stripped out everything to reduce it to the 4.7 (or so) limit. After I burned the new DVD, at points in the movie the image looks pixelated and kind of skips, then goes back to normal viewing. The normal stuff looks great but this pixelating stuff really degrades the quality of the viewing. Any reason why this is occuring and any suggestions?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

what brand of media are you using?

3. masakari

masakari Member

Heres a question as well. Will using
    DVD Decrypter to back up the disk to dual layer media make for identical quality as the origional? Heres the link on how to do it. http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=11583
    I wonder if ripping and then re-encoding will always degrade the quality. All transcoders can't be the same.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

That is very true. You would have to use a dual layer disc to make a true 1:1 copy.

That has been discussed:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88038

5. mookie59

mookie59 Member

I am just using some generic DVD media. It is made by a company called Pro Media. The type is DVD-R general. I have read several other threads and I believe that my problem may be due to the media I am using, I didnt realize it could be a factor, but it obviously is. Do you recommend any specific manufacturer?

6. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

ritek traxdata are 2 good ones I personally use datawrite but thats only because they are a little cheaper but seem to work very well with My personal set up