1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied Game via DVD2Xbox, Now What?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by icenine09, Jan 16, 2005.

1. icenine09

icenine09 Member

I am able to copy a game's files over to my hard drive, but am unsure how to use them after that. Do I need to somehow create an ISO image from the game files I've copied over?

I am using an xecuter modchip and have been able to place the file created into the f:/games folder, but don't know how to actually use the game afterwards. Rather than being disk image, what I've copied over is the directory structure of the game. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for help.

2. icenine09

icenine09 Member

Am I supposed to be using a program like Qwix or something?

3. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

Yes the programs I suggest to use to make backups of games are DVDDecrypter, FlashFXP, and Qwix.

4. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

Yes, the programs I suggest to use to make backups of games are DVDDecrypter, FlashFXP, and Qwix.

5. icenine09

icenine09 Member

So basically, regardless of me copying to the HDD directly from the XBox DVD drive, I need to FTP to the XBox and use either DVDDecrypter or Qwix to create an ISO file?

Should I even bother copying with DVD2XBOX? I.E. do those programs create an ISO from the game DVD or from the backup I've already created?

6. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

Yes, they both create ISO

7. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

There is a really good link at the top that says Read before making how-to threads EXT. thats where I found out how to do all of this.

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if you only want to play games from your hdd you dont need to use qwix or craxtion, just use those progs to make images to burn to disc for xbox use.
    dont bother trying to using dvd decrypter to make an xbox iso
    you need qwix or craxtion
    Theres no point in installing the game to xbox with dvd2xbox then ftping to your pc, if youre just wanting the files on your pc, then just drag the games files from xbox d:/ drive to the pc via ftp
    qwixz has an advantage of being able to create xbox iso without looking for a default.xbe
    the advantage of this is you can make anything readable in your xbox, handy for avi , divx, pics etc
    the progs I use are
    flashfxp
    qwix or craxtion
    stomp recordnow max
    btw if youre wanting to make backups of your backups
    dont even bother ftp-ing to xbox /pc
    just do a disc to disc copy with
    discjuggler, stomp recordnow, nero etc

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  9. icenine09

icenine09 Member

Celtics--- apologies, I read that thread first but wasn't quite sure on some of the finer points.

Thanks for both of your help on this, I'll try and work with what I've got here now.

10. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If your looking to play the games from the Hdd without creating a disc, that's all you need to do.You just select the game from the games button within Evox or Avalaunch or any other dashboard.