1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied movies not playing on set top DVD players

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by DVDDavid, Feb 13, 2005.

1. DVDDavid

DVDDavid Member

After upgrading to XP Media Center Edition 2005, none of any newly created movie backups are playing in either my Toshiba or Sony set top DVD players. I converted back to XP Pro but still not working. They will copy and burn ok and will play ok on PC DVD players. The media is the same that I used before with great success. Not getting any errors during the burn process. DVD burner is Optorite DD0405. I think I am using all the latest drivers.

2. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Give AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 a try and see if this works. If it does then I suggest you either reload your original DVD S/W or stick with the two above which I think are way ahead of the rest.

Have fun

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

3. cshaun1

cshaun1 Member

This is a common question. I can bet it is not your operating system. If is plays fine on pc. It's the dvd players. And that is the question we are all trying to get answers to. I have xp home and professional on two computers. The same problem is occurring. Some same it may be the compressions. Let me know if you find something out. I'll let you know if I find something out. In the meantime I would reinstall you media center os.

4. DVDDavid

DVDDavid Member

I still do not have a resolution for this issue. I converted my PC OS back to XP Pro and upgraded from SP1 to SP2. I cannot get my original DVD burning software to work properly again. Nor will any similar commercial products work. DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink do successfully burn movie backups which will playback on my set top players. My original software was easier to use and took less time and effort. I believe all the hardware drivers are the same so not sure what is different that is causing the playback failures. Since I have a work around available, I have stopped wasting DVD's on the old software but would be nice to go back to it. If anyone can think of something, let me know. Thanks.