1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied program installs, wont run from CD...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by turtle95, Apr 21, 2005.

1. turtle95

turtle95 Member

Any suggestions?? I used cloneCD to copy raw. I also tried using ClonyXL but it did not recognize any protection on the disk.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What program is it?

3. turtle95

turtle95 Member

It is an medical education disk that has radiology cases on it. I have backed-up several other similar disks from the same company with no issues. For some reason this particular disk and one other are causing problems. I think the two that are not working were released more recently than the others I have backed up.

4. Nephilim

It's really hard to say if none of the protection scanner pick anything up. There was a fellow here a while back trying to back up a disc with the death records for a certain period of time in Wales and we couldn't get that stupid thing backed up no matter what we tried.

Are you able to mount the images with Daemon Tools? Would that be a viable alternative to having a hard copy?

5. turtle95

turtle95 Member

It isn't just images unfortunately. There are questions and a program takes you through cases and asks you questions based on the images. I did re-install ClonyXXL and it said that there were bad sectors. So then I tried to burn from Clony to CloneCD and it still didn't work?? I have yet to try alcohol120, but I don't know if that will add anything to what I have already done??

6. Nephilim

What I meant by images are images of the entire disc - like what CloneCD rips to your hard drive. You might be able to mount them in a virtual drive (Daemon Tools) and run them from your hard disk :)

7. turtle95

turtle95 Member

I will try the virtual drive and see if that works. I dont know about the image file though. WHen it is burning the image it lists a bunch of "disk read error at XXXX." Does this mean the image file will exclude those sectors that it can't read?? If that is the case then the image file likely won't work in a virtual drive?? I will try and find a vritual drive program and experiment with it.

8. Nephilim

Interesting. Disc errors are a normal part of Safedisc for which CloneCD, A120 or BlindWrite will read them and include them in the final image just as they would be on the original.