1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copied to hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by onebaddog, Apr 11, 2005.

1. onebaddog

onebaddog Guest

i backed up my movies to disk and to the hard using dvd decrypter ,at the time that i backed them up i used dvd shrink to make a dvd .now when i tried to make dvd from the files from my hard drive i get a error" failed to open file, the system cannot find the file specified"
    but the movie is on my hard drive.any suggestion

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try just clicking on Re-autor in Shrink instead of the Open Files button.

3. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

Check your hard drive for errors. If its a new drive larger than 137 Gig you will need to partition the drive into two seperate partitions since Windows XP SP2 or any version or derivative thereof cannot nor will not be able to check the disk for errors nor will you be able to defragment the drive at all. Sounds like there is a problem within the format of the drive and this will afford you the steps necessary to correct it. Also check your machines BIOS to see if there is an available flash update for it. Most people do not understand that although Windows can handle huge hard drives, its internal chkdsk utility cannot fix anything larger than 137 Gig. Additionally the defrag utility cannot handle these drives either so you need to split it.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That is an odd statement seeing how I have sucessfully defraged and scandisked my 250GB hard drives a number of times?