1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copied VHS to DVD and Want to Make DVD Copies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SailsElan, Apr 17, 2005.

1. SailsElan

SailsElan Member

I copied some VHS-C tapes to a DVD recorder using DVD+R media. I finalized the media and it's supposed to be compatible with all DVD players now. I want to copy some of these DVDs for family using my computer. I have DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and Nero. My problem is that though one of the DVDs will play on another DVD player and on my computer, DVD Shrink doesn't see it. With the other DVD, the original DVD recorder will play it but my computer doesn't see it and I can't play it on another DVD player. There should be no difference between these two DVDs. They were recorded the same way with the same equipment on the same day and with the same media. Is there something I need to do to make my computer see it so that I can make copies? I'm so lost!!

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Probably media problem causing these inconsistencies.

3. boom38

boom38 Member

I sort of have the same problem, my friend gave me 2 discs and want to make another copy. My dvd player plays them fine. My dvd-rw on my computer doesn't even acknowledge a disc when I put it in. Let alone let me copy it.

4. SailsElan

SailsElan Member

I guess you were right about the media creating the problems. I used a different manufacturer and had no more problems. Very frustrating!

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, so long as it works.