1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy 2 Copy Failures

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mike4444, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Mike4444

Mike4444 Member

I am having problems making sense of this, so hopefully someone can help.

I let my kids play with thier own DVDs, so I make backups and let them use them. That way if they get full of penut butter and get all scratched, I'll just make another copy. To make a long story short, a few originals got trashed, but I did have most of the backups. I was trying to burn about 6 of them, and the first 1 went through, the second and third failed, the forth worked, and the 5th and 6th failed. I am using DVD Decrypter and the media of the backup is TDK. The drive that I used to burn them on broke and I now have a new one. The old drive was a -r and the new drive is a +r. Now this is what seems strange. The ones that passed are on TDK 2X disks (-r), the ones that failed are on TDK 4X disks (-r). The firmware on the drive is up to date, the disks are clean and work well in the player. Can there be a connection between the 2x disks copy, but the 4x disks won't? I get either a No seek error or multiple read errors. On one disk using DVD shrink, it can't even see the movie, only the DVD X Copy screen, yet the movie plays on the DVD player and the PC. Go figure.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Mike4444,
    I think ( and I might be wrong) that X-copy does not let you make a diskcopy of it. Try this D/L DVDinfoPro ( free) and run a CRC test on the burned blank media.
    Now D/L DVDShrink and use it to read the disk and copy the burned DVD's ( if they passed the crc test). You can use either Nero or DVDDecrypter to do the burn for you

3. Mike4444

Mike4444 Member

I used DVD X Copy only to copy it the first time. With the backup copy I am using DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink and then Sonic's Record Now to burn. DVD Shrink does that quick scan, and it does not fail. It will either fail while making the file, or like I said, it did that wierd thing where it only showed the DVD X Copy warning screen was on the DVD and nothing else. But the movie will play on both the PC and the DVD player.