1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy a back-up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mandk23, May 2, 2005.

1. mandk23

mandk23 Member

I can no longer connect my xbox to my computer. I have a game backup that my kids got a hold of and I want to make a new one. Can I simply copy from dvd+r to dvd+r or what. I put the disk in my computer and nothing comes up. How can I copy a back-up. In case you are wondering I can't connect anymore because I was borrowing someone's equipment and they wanted it back so I no longer can ftp anymore. Can someone help me.

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Simply put the game in your pc drive, open nero (or similar) choose copy disk. Backing up a backup is a piece of cake.

3. mandk23

mandk23 Member

I put the dvd in my drive but when I look nothing shows up. I found someone who told me to use recordnow and extract the image file to create an iso file and burn it to a new dvd. I did this and it wouldn't work in my xbox. If I put in the dvd will nero locate what is needed to copy, or will it show me what is on the dvd?

4. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

You can't do a disc to disc copy on an Xbox game, even if it is a burned copy. The PC can't read Xbox files. You will have to FTP the files back to the PC to burn the game. The easiest thing to do for a copy of a copy is to burn the ISO to a disc, then burn the ISO on to a data disc so you can put it on the PC and reburn the ISO.

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

thats not true at all.a backup can be copied directly.just go into nero express and choose to 'copy entire disc' and choose image recorder as your recorder.this will burn the image.then just open the image up in nero and burn to a blank dvd.or use dvd decrypter.