1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy a copy, nero problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stilled, May 14, 2003.

1. stilled

stilled Guest

I have seen a few people with the same problem here but no one seems to get an answer, please help!!!
    I have made several successful backups (thanks to this forum!!) and now I need to copy one of these. I know it should be very simple as the protection is already removed. SO i try to do a direct copy through nero, burning an image onto the hd. It reads fine, but then when it comes to putting in a blank disc nero says there is not enough space....ITS A BLANK DISC! Ive tried dvdr dvd rw no difference.
    I am also getting problems with copying a copy with dvddecrypter.... reads fine but when it comes to burn the last few minutes are missing from every film I burn.
    What is the problem? I have the latest verion of nero and the latest version of decrypter. Please help

2. stilled

stilled Guest

PLEASE help... this is driving me crazy....I dont know wat to do!!!

3. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I have only tried to copy a backup once and it worked. I don't have the software in front of me, but isn't there a dvd copy option? Reads from a dvd rom and then copies on the fly to the burner. The copy of the copy I did worked perfectly.

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Try the obvious option, long winded but works.

Treat your copy AS an original.

Use dvd decrypter, select ALL files, (rip,sort of)to Hd.

Put files into a VIDEO_TS folder and burn.(u may also have to run it through ifoedit to 'get vts sectors first).

I had to do this because I was having a similar problem - long winded though but I found out my problem:

The media I was using was crap, 'on the fly' bombed out/from image (could not generate due to FAT32 restrictions - will not allow files over 4Gb in size).

Then I purchased better media, recordnowmax and now I can copy 'on the fly' no problems.

5. stilled

stilled Guest

THanx for your replies.

Neither of the methods will work for me... hang ups keep appearing on both methods. I have given up on it, perhaps I have conflicting software, and I really cant be bothered to uninstall every thing!!

But in case any one is interested I have found away around it. I have a version of dvd x copy and this seemed to work a treat, so I have finally done a copy of a copy!!
    thanx

6. scottvf

scottvf Guest

1. Use DVD decrypter and select iso read to copy .iso image to hd. Then select iso write to copy it to a new dvd-r

2. Since it's got no copy protection you can use any DVD copy program. I use Instant Copy.
    You can also use Gear Pro DVD or Record Now Max.

7. stilled

stilled Guest

with dvd decrypter I can copy the films but the last few minutes are always missing from the film. Could this be a setting I have messed with??

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have you tried treating it AS AN ORIGINAL - But not using the ISO mode, try it in file mode and select ALL files.

Get it onto ur hd - check the size, if it is approx 4.36Gb it WILL burn.

9. scottvf

scottvf Guest

To do a 1 to 1 copy you need to make sure it is a layer 1 dvd. When you run dvd decrypter and select iso read, on the right it will say "layers 1" or "layers 2"