1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COPY A UNFINALIZED DVD+RW

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by leetony, Apr 19, 2005.

1. leetony

leetony Guest

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO COPY AN UNFINALIZED DVD+RW WHICH HAS A RECORDING ON IT FROM TV.RECORDED WITH A SWISSTEC/SKYMEDIA DVD+ STANDALONE RECORDER MODELDVDR-1029/RW-600 BOUGHT FROM RAINBOW STORES.IVE TRIED DVD DECRYPTER/CLONE DVD/DVD SHRINK AND NONE OF THESE WILL DO IT.

2. piano632

piano632 Regular member

I've copied many unfinalized DVD-RW discs to PC hard drive. I don't know if the same will work with +RW but first make sure you have some kind of UDF reading software installed on your computer (such as Nero InCD). Next try using Cyberlink PowerProducer to rip the DVD (there are free trial versions of this). This will only work with certain DVD drives (mine is a Pioneer, but maybe others will work too).

3. leetony

leetony Guest

i notice that incd is for formatting discs,so how do i use incd for the question i asked? or do you mean i should format the disc in my pc with incd first then record on it with my standalone dvd recorder?

4. piano632

piano632 Regular member

I somehow got the assumption you were recording in VR mode. If you're recording in Video mode (the standard compatible mode for DVD's), I don't know if it's possible to read an unfinalized DVD on anything besides the recorder it was made on. VR mode is the one that can sometimes be read without finalizing. VR mode uses UDF format similar to what Nero InCD uses, that's why I suggested using it to help read DVD's.

5. LLexam

LLexam Member

+RWs don't need to be finalized. That's number one.
    If DVD Decrypter, can't copy it to your hdd then it's probably a bad recording. What media brand/code are you using?

I copy +RWs to my computer all the time using DVD Decrypter. My standalone a LiteOn 5005 records in +VR mode. VR mode is another form of mpeg2 and you don't need a udf reader for it.

I've never heard of a SWISSTEC/SKYMEDIA machine. Who makes it? Is it cheap? (You know what I mean).

In any case, the only trouble I've ever had was when I used poor media. I suspect that's your problem, too. Try a better brand of +RW. *(My LiteON likes FUJI [RICOHJPN W11])