1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy cd problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Skala, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Skala

Skala Member

Hi!

I'm trying to copy a audio-cd with Nero 5.5.10.42, but it stops everytime at around 50% of analyzing the source-cd. I'm using Windows XP, and a Philips CDRW 4012P. Funny part is, that i reinstalled XP a couple of days ago, having both Windows XP and 98 before. I converted my harddisc to NTFS, before it was FAT32. Can anyone help?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well believe it or not, there are a handful of audio protection schemes that computers have issues with (shocked me when i heard of it.... i always thought the protections where only for standalones and such -- im looking into that stuff right now). In any case, have you tried extracting the tracks to your harddive before you burn the audio cd?

If you want a simpler one-click type solution, might i suggest you try CloneCD... it may be able to blast through the audio protection and offers the simplest interface I have yet to see in any burning app.

3. Skala

Skala Member

Tnx.....but what i think is crazy, is that before i re-installed XP, there wasn't a problem at all. everything worked perfecty. couldn't be a protection then. or could it?

4. Praetor

5. Skala

Skala Member

I dloaded the latest ASPI from adaptec, and it says ASPI is properly installed, and fully operational. Still, my system hangs while analyzing cd at around 55%.

On Nero's website, i read something about deactivating DMA on cd-rw and cd-rom station, and harddisc, might this be the solution for me? I couldn't get to my sources-tab at the seting-tab of my drives though.

6. Praetor

Well I wouldnt reccommend deactivating DMA unless you have a particular liking for 10 minute boot times hehe. To Check for DMA: (1) Control Panel, (2) System, (3) Goto the Hardware Tab, (4) Devicem Manager, (5) IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, (6) Right Click on Primary IDE Channel --> Properties, (7) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK, (8) Right Click on Seconady IDE Channel --> Properties, (9) Goto the Advanced Settings Tab, Make sure both drop down boxes say 'DMA if Available', Click OK, (10) Reboot.

Try ripping the audio cd... can you do that or is it horribly slow/not possible. If so that would be indicitive of audio protection