1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy DVD to DVD direct

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bardie, Dec 24, 2004.

1. bardie

bardie Regular member

Please could someone tell me once and for all if you have already copyied a DVD and burnt it onto a disc, can you then copy that movie directly to another disc, say using a DVD ROM and a DVD Burner??
    I thought that to copy any DVD movie it had to be ripped to your hard drive and then extracted back to a blank DVD.
    I have read on some of these forums that it is possible to do a disc to disc copy once it had been copyied first.
    Thanks in advance

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear bardie,
    Different softwares may provide different burning methods. For programs like Nero which allow for both disc-to-disc and disc-to-harddisk copying methods, it's really up to you whether to rip to harddisk first, or do a disc to disc copy directly BOTH for originals and for copied DVDs. For example, I always do disc to disc copy with the Nero + DVD43 combination (never bother to do the middle step of ripping to HD). Whether the disc is an original or copy really doesn't matter as long as the region code and CSS issues can be or have been dealt with.
    Try do some experimenting yourself.
    Happy DVD burning!

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use alcohol 120% for copying copies. I have nero 6.6.03, but I prefer alcohol. Having said that I have tried copying on the fly with nero. It worked a treat. 27mins from start to finish.

4. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

I personally wouldnt recommend on the fly copying for DVD's but each to their own. If it works great but would rather take that little time longer to make sure.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I used recode 2 for on the fly. I am still wary, but I will keep chipping away at it. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess.
    I still love my dvdxplatinum, she has never let me down yet!
    As welshboa says, each to their own!

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Whoops, double post.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  7. bardie

bardie Regular member

Thanks for all your opinions and suggestions, I will now give it a go.