1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy dvd video disc to new disc WINDOWS 7

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by racket, Jan 12, 2011.

1. racket

racket Member

On my XP pc I can copy the above from one disc drive to another using DVD shrink or other programs.
    My sister has Windows 7 (in another city) and only one drive - a DVD burner.

Simply want to copy a DVD video disc on to a blank DVD disc.

Is there a free program that can do the above?
    - using 1 drive?
    - using 1 program?
    that definitely works on Windows 7?
    [She does not have pro version of Win 7, so does not have DVD Maker]
    Many thanks.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

She Can Rip the DVD to Her Hard Drive With DVDFab, Then Burn it With Imgburn.

3. racket

racket Member

Thank you, will look into that. Someone from Microsoft said you can copy the DVD to the PC - drag and drop - then use software to burn the disc . Really?

4. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Encrypted-No

5. lucas27

lucas27 Member

6. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

Have been out of the mix for awhile, use to use neroburning,and alcohol when it first came out. Had something happen to me that made me loose interest in all for quite sometime and now I am starting to get interest back in how to do things again. I had therapy for Brain injury for a short bit. Brain still shortcircuts so need help with learning all over again. I know of 123 Copy dvd. Is Gold,Platinum, or just 123copy dvd best for doing copies of movies I have bought? Or is there something better out there for my Windows 7. Will I need patches after buying this program? Or is there one I will not need and dvd shrink or decryter to make what I purchase work?The last time I was into computer and helping my family and afew friends windows xp was just brand new. Help please! thanks