1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy new protected movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tmaxster, Jan 22, 2005.

1. tmaxster

tmaxster Guest

DVDXcopy has been unable to copy the new fliks as we know..

I actually just installed anydvd and using roxio dvd copier it makes perfect copies of everything including special features etc.. The copy quality is awesome and better than what I have seen from Xcopy..

What do you guys think ?

Did you knwo Roxio did this ?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Nice to know ... but didn't belong in advanced. Moved

3. bydasword

bydasword Guest

yeah..when sony came out with the newer encryption, it threw me for a loop. i've been using Dvd X Copy for a while now, and i had no idea that other programs where out there...so it sent me on a hunt. i am using AnyDVD/CloneDvd2 combo, but for serious high quality i use DVD Shrink with AnyDvd in the backround (courtesy of Scuba's advice). Yup. In with the NEW.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

If you're willing to spend a few bucks there is some software superior to Shrink. DVDCopy3 from InterVideo does an excellent job and is better at higher compression than Shrink. The link is http://www.intervideo.com .

I run AnyDVD and use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie files to the hard drive. I open the hard drive files in DVDCopy3. The program edits, encodes and burns, so there is no need to use any external burner programs like Nero. DVDCopy3 is well worth what I paid for it. It's now one of my "go to" programs from a long list.

5. beltline

beltline Regular member

Brobear, you don't state if you use "Gold" or "Platinum". Could you let me know. There's a $30 difference in the two, and don't know if the higher priced one is the one you are referring to. I might consider the cheaper, but the higher one is a tad much. Especially since "Shrink" has been doing such a good job for me.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

I have the Platinum. The gold does much of what the Platinum does. There is a comparison of features at this link. http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/InterVideoDVDCopy.jsp?mode=Features
    Most of the time I don't use the extra features, but I like having all the options just in case I may want to use them. My best advice would be to use the trial, which is Platinum. Then you will see what features you use and if any are part of the Platinum that aren't included in the Gold. It's just a matter if the additional features are worth the $30 extra. Even the Gold is an excellent program; it's the same encoding and burning program.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

BTW, if you're happy with Shrink, by all means continue with it. I suggest doing a comparison though; especially since you can use the DVDCopy3 trial without cost. Try DVDCopy3 recording the entire disc of a big movie like Troy or Lord of the Rings. Then do the same full disc recording with Shrink. Then see what you think.

I use AnyDVD running in the background and rip the DVD files to the HD with DVD Decrypter. I then open the files in DVDCopy3 and do the encode and burn. SlySoft has a trial for the AnyDVD and the Decryter is free. http://www.slysoft.com
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com

8. beltline

beltline Regular member

I currently use DVD Shrink then DVD Decrypter. I've never had to use anything else (since switching to them). I have had to use DVD Decrypter first, then DVD Shrink, then DVD Decrypter to burn. But 99 percent of the time I've gotten by using just DVD Shrink then DVD Decrypter. However you intrigued me with your comparison of DVD copy 3 to Shrink. Is the burning time any faster or is the quality just better? For me to copy all of Troy with Deep analysis, it took about 90 minutes. A DVD-5 takes about 7 minutes. I would like to get the 90 minutes down. Either way, I think I'm going to take your advice and give it a whirl. I liked the feature of being able to remove certain extra's, but still keep the menus.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Quality and faster times are both an advantage as well as the options and what I believe to be an easier user interface.