1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy of a copy size discrepancy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bruns2960, Mar 21, 2004.

1. bruns2960

bruns2960 Member

I've made a copy of a DVD using DVD XCopy Platinum of a kids movie. I'd like to make a second copy to leave at my parents house but no longer have the original. When a attempt to do a copy disc using Roxio it says the source used 2298496 blocks but there are onnly 2297888 on a blank. How did the DVD X Copy use more than was available? How do I correct this?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

My suggestion would to trash both programs but since I got suckered in to buying DVD XCopy too - I'll just suggest you trash Roxio - without a doubt that program has caused more trouble that another program on a modern day PC.

Download and use DVD Decrypter to read your copy in the ISO mode putting the files on your HD and then burn it to disc in the Write ISO mode. In - Out, the exact same size :p)

Pete

BTW bruns2960, Welcome to our little Club -

Feel free to come on back when you want to backup your DVD's easily and for free -

Until then, use this to get rid of that annoying warning screen when using XPress -

http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

Enjoy,

"P"
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004