1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy problem possibly?? (ninja gaiden)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by d-bol, May 30, 2004.

1. d-bol

d-bol Member

Okay I tried coping my copy of ninja gaiden over to my xbox (x2 2.3 chip). I have done this fine with other games but when i tried to load the game after the successful copy, when it starts it says something bad disk or possibly scratched? But it shouldn't even be looking on a disk and then it never loads the game.
    Anyone else have same or similar problem?

2. kwyjibo

kwyjibo Member

i have the same problem - anybody know what this could be?

3. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

try to recopy it. If it won't work with dvd2xbox, try boxplorer. If that won't work, try xtoolbox file manager. If that still doesn't do the trick, try the avalaunch file manager. When one gives me problems, one of the others still usually works.

4. d-bol

d-bol Member

nice idea but doesn't solve the problem. The game copies over fine but just doesn't load to play. You can see where it is starting to load then you get a message that basically says you have bad media. But you are not even loading from media anyways

5. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

hmm... I had the exact same issue with LoK:defiance and a recopy worked first try for me. On top of that, I never had any problems with my copy of Ninja Gaiden.
    I'm not sure. Have you tried all the available dvd copy apps yet? I think I used the avalaunch file manager for that game in particular.

6. cookieice

cookieice Member

ninja gaiden has problems with this error on original as well as copy versions i bought it new and have changed it and still got the same error msg been told its to do with older xbox's but mine is pretty new so i think it may be a manufacturing problem rather than a programming one as many people have had no problems.
    Bad batch?

7. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

yeah, possibly a bad batch I suppose. My xbox is a v1.0 or 1.1 and it has no problems. I guess that could be it. hmm...
    You could bring the issue to Team Ninja and see what they say about it. Or try and return the game at the place of purchase until you get a copy that works.

8. cookieice

cookieice Member

on the second copy at the mo. Gets further than the first but not much. oh well keep trying i guess.