1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Protect

Discussion in 'Audio' started by realg187, Sep 27, 2006.

1. realg187

realg187 Guest

I tried the thread above/below and I couldn;t reply, so i just wanna know what 2 do, my MP3 player has line in encoding but then the quality is crappy. Should I disable autorun/Hold down shoft, doesn't that enable "Sticky Keys" though... Is there anysoftware or could I just use Nero 2 rip. I used the copy CD option which copied everything, then I burned it to another CD and the copy protection ws broken, from that CD i could rip to WMA but there were skips, I dunno if this was just scratches or the copy protection.

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Try burning to another CD (preferably a RW or even better, a Nero image file) and see if the skips are still there and in the same places. If so, odds are the files or copy-protection is screwing something up. THEN convert them to WMA, or WAV if you want to preserve best quality.

3. realg187

realg187 Guest

I can use image drive too but @ the time i didnt know that and ended up wasting a CD-R!... So try shift then rip?? What else you got??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006
  4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

You can hold down SHIFT if you want, though I don't know if that trick still works. You're right it will enable sticky keys unless you happen to be holding SHIFT at the moment the system recognizes the CD. You could modify a registry key, My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom and set AutoRUN to 0 instead of 1. Then just put a CD in an rip to a Nero image.

5. gogochar

gogochar Guest

Download AnyDVD and that should take away all the copy-protections that are on the CDs.

6. realg187

realg187 Guest

Duz AnyDVD work on CDs too?

7. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Some, if not all, I'm told. You might want to start a new thread asking this, as probably a lot of people are wondering and you'll get responses from people who actually use AD.

8. realg187

realg187 Guest

Wats It's not a coincidence RIAA and MPAA are four-letter words. mean???

Anywayz, it says not to make new threads when theres already one...

9. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Four-letter are curse words, usually with a derogatory meaning. Although I'm not a fan of piracy, I would rather be around s--t than either the RIAA or MPAA.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  10. realg187

realg187 Guest

Oh. ANywayz about the sticky kets,theres an esier way ti disable autorun, just goto device manager, fromthere the intructions are different for 98 and XP 9I think), by 98 and XP I mean 9x and NT...

11. realg187

realg187 Guest

PS I dont have IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 64 MB RAM, can I still use for CDs?

12. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Probably not. It's free to try for 21 days, so you can try, but that seems to be pushing it, especially since you will need memory to run your CD ripper as well.

13. realg187

realg187 Guest

I can rip w/ nero, maybe if i bring the app to school on my flash drive?? My school has pentiium 4

PS I have 128 MB Ram...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you're telling me that right now your computer has a processor slower than 500 MHz (.5 GHz)? on a machine like that, there's not much you can do with anything these days. i only question as it seems you do a lot on your pc for that, and perhaps you're mistaken and do have the capability to use AnyDVD at home. what are your full specs?

15. realg187

realg187 Guest

My PC is crap, I have ta get a new one, maybe jack one up??? LOL. I'll put my full specs in my sig...

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

building and rebuilding computers is typically quite easy. once we have your specs, we can give advice as to what best to do next.

17. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

You may even be able to dumpster-dive, though you might get a rained-on, crappy-on machine as well. But you'd be surprised at what you'll find people getting rid of at colleges and businesses.

18. realg187

realg187 Guest

I got my PC from my computer teacher.... They say I cant put any good processor in my PC as my other oard is old, I put in a NEW HD, USB ports on a PIC card, and kits of stuff, but never a CPU [Well once, my old(er) CPU was 100Mhz less..

19. realg187

realg187 Guest

Anyways u see the ad above??

About removing DRM, you can do it w/ media player 4 free, just use it to send to an MP3 player and the DRM should be removed!!! U need an MP3 player that lets you take songs off, mine is also a flash drive so I can use Windows Explorer ot take songs off..