1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy protected dvd burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kooah, Oct 1, 2004.

1. kooah

kooah Member

Hi:

I'm a true rookie in this area. I just bought a NEC 3500A external DVD-RW, comes with the OEM Nero 6 burning software. I also have the IcopyDVDS 2 standard edition. I downloaded the DVD43 also. I successfully burned a kid DVD movie with Icopy/DVD43, using the 2.4x kHypermedia DVD+R disc. The copied DVD plays in my DVD Rom and DVD-RW. But, when I tried to play it in my Magnavox 458(supposed to play all kinds of disc) table top dvd player, nothing happened! "Loading" was all I saw on the tv screen. Anyone knows what goes wrong? I tried to make a playable copy because I'm tired of my kids kept scratching the DVD that I bought. My PC is P4, 2.4 GHz, windows xp, 512 DDRAM. Please help!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. kooah

kooah Member

The Magnavox 458 plays all DVD format, according to the manual including my DVD+R.

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

There is no substitute for good media ... kHypermedia is landfill material ... What you need to do is either order yourself some good media over the 'net (like Ritek's RiData or ProDisk) or, if you want to go to a local store ... get Maxell ... The backup discs that you create are only as good as the media that you use ...

Check out this link ...

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

5. kooah

kooah Member

Thanks. I'll try some good media and see whether it'll work on my Magnavox DVD player. Any other suggestion, like using DVD decryptor, DVDshrink, etc...with the IcopyDVDs?

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

for starters ... just use Decrypter and Shrink.

I use Verbatim and TDK media, and they work on both of my Magnavox players.

7. kooah

kooah Member

Hey:

It works, after I tried the Verbatim data life plus 8X DVD+R media. The copied DVD can now play in my Magnavox player. Thanks guys. However, I still don't understand why it takes so long to burn one...over 3 hrs total!!! Any settings that I have to use, or anything I have to do to speed up the process?

My PC info:
    P4, 2.4 GHz, 512 DDRAM, Windows XP: DVD rewriter: NEC ND 3500A external USB 2.0 16X; Use DVD decryter and DVD shrink to burn.
    Will IcopyDVD2/DVD43 work better? When I use IcopyDVD2/DVD43, after reading for awhile, it'll say the disc is encrypted and cancel my burning process.

8. newbie67

newbie67 Member

I have the same problem except I get a "cannot play this disk" message when I insert into the brand new sony dvp-ns501p / dvd-r player.

I am using Maxwells & TDKs and cheetah burner.

Any ideas?

9. wylds

wylds Guest

Kooah have you gotten the latest firmware for your burner? Also set speed in Decrypter I think.

10. newbie67

newbie67 Member

I downloaded movies off the internet in avi format, then converted to MPEG using mainconcept's MPEGencoder. Could it be the encryption only works on the dvd layer (not the computer)?

11. kooah

kooah Member

How can I get the latest firmware...from where? The NEC burner comes with the OEM Nero 6 version only. All other softwares, like DVDdecrypter, DVDshrink, DVD43, were downloaded few days ago. Please advise!