1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy protected vhs to lite-on 5006 dvd recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by hankinp, Nov 16, 2004.

1. hankinp

hankinp Guest

Hi all.
    im still new to this forum so please excuse me if this has been asked b4.
    I am trying to back up my star wars trilogy on vhs to my lite-on 5006b dvd recorder but keep getting copy protected message,I have done a couple of other originals with no probs.is there any type of lead that takes out the macro on vhs.
    thanks. ps. must be cheap.
    pps. I think the lite-on was a great buy this is my 1st prob.bargain at £181.00 inc. from e-buyer

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

3. permatex

permatex Regular member

GO TO FACETVIDEO.COM AND GET A CLARIFIER.

4. albertd25

albertd25 Member

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Both of the 'clarifiers' cost money ... go to the forum link that I provided and someone there can supply you with a macrovision 'hack' ... The hack is a modification for your machine and is FREE ...

6. hankinp

hankinp Guest

hi.
    thanks catfreak i went to this site but could not find the info.found this site a bit to hard to get around also what i did look at was not very easy to understand for me (being a newbie) i read about firmware. do i have to get this first b4 i can get the hack... i dont know how!!!
    sorry if im being a bit green.please help me to find the hack again as i have loads of copy protected vhs.
    thanks again

7. dustinb

dustinb Member

that forum link did not work, i am also looking for a cheap device to get past copyright laws from burning vhs to dvd on an rca combo vcr/dvd player...

8. lighton

lighton Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this too. Can anyone let me know if like the LVW5005 the 5006 can also stop macrovision and also to make it multiregion too.

Would appreciate your help before buying. Like you I have VHS videos that I prefer to back up to DVD.

Thanks

9. mgillesp

mgillesp Member

Try these forums instead..

www.liteonusers.org.uk

10. MIX854

MIX854 Guest

Hi Im new also,just would like to pass along ,I have a jvc recorder.I purchased a small box called "Go DVD"FOR 129.99 at best buy,its is really nice and simple and gets past the copyright.One guy I know burns his copies on computer with xcopy,he said no one he knows can produce a copy of the new"Resident Evil".Well I just had to try it with the go dvd,and it went thru just fine.Well Im still waiting on a remote for my unit so I can finalize the disc(so it will work in other players,but as of right now it works on my player(recorder)that it was burnt on.So I was nervous about shelling out the 130.00 at first but now Im way glad I did,Im sure the courts will yank em off the shelf soon!