1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy protection and burn failure with "Anchorman"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macunc23, Jan 16, 2005.

1. macunc23

macunc23 Member

hello, this might sound like a stupid question to everyone but i just startin burning dvd's today and i'm having trouble with my very first one. i have DVD shrink 3.2 and the latest demo of nero 6.0 i believe it is. I went through the whole dvd shrink process with "Anchorman" and have the video_TS and audio_TS folders created on my hard drive...then when i try burning it with nero's "Make your own DVD video" it gets through the importing phases of all the files, then just stops going halfway through the adding files part and the program closes. i then went into nero's "Copy DVD", ran it with a simulation and it ended up not being able to be read with a copy-protection problem. hopefully someone can help. thanks!

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Does your demo version of Nero have Recode2?Also try ripping withn DVD Decrypter to your hard drive then use Recode2 main movie only or remake entire movie see if that helps.You might want to get some DVD-RW's until you get your settings right.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello Mac, When you open up dvd shrink,click the edit button on top. Then scroll down to preferences. There you will find the file I/O tab. There make sure the box saying "enable burn with nero" is ticked. While you are on that screen, click preference tab, and on target size- make it custom and set it to anywhere from 4300-4360 mbs and click OK.

I mainly use dvd shrink and nero. Anydvd in the background also helps on the newer encryptions.

Insert original disc,open disc-let it do the quick analyzation. You can then hit reauthor if you want main movie only or entire disc.
    After that hit backup. In the backup options You want your burner as the "select backup target" Just below that you have Select temporary files. The other tabs on that page:make it region free,quality enhancement if desired,options, and burn speed. You want your burner to be the backup target. Hit ok,process starts:analyzing,if enhancements were checked,and then encodes. After the encoding your dvd drive will eject original and then insert your blank dvd.

Dvd shrink should automatically pull nero out to burn. You don't even have to go into nero.

High quality media and a 4x burn speed are highly recommended.