1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Protection? NFL games?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by njdvdguy, Feb 15, 2005.

1. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

I am putting some nfl games on dvd from vhs..and i notice a light to dark effect on the games when im copying....is this an nfl copy protection thing goin on here? the games are on vhs from like 1999 -2001 and i taped them myself..im surprised at this.....they are copyable if i go from vhs to vhs...even from vhs to dvd its like a slight light to dark effect....what do u guys think?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If they were purchased tapes I would say it was macrovision protection. The fact that you taped them yourself I don't see how you would have picked up any copy protection of any kind. Possibly the tapes are degrading somewhat after 5 years or have flat spots from not being played much. Try several fast forwards and rewinds to see if it helps playback.

Jerry

3. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

jerry u dont think they send a signal through when they broadcast.....its not the tape..they are in good shape..could it be the dvd recorder? i have the philips 615r recorder..it says it doesnt record copyrighted material.....the dimness is very slight almost unnoticeable....but its there.....when i pause the recorder to edit advertisments and fast foward the tape ..the picture darkens.....its almost the same thing...maybe because of the picture quality of the aged tape it doesnt pick up the signal properly?

4. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

what do u think?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  5. njdvdguy

njdvdguy Member

well on my philips dvd recorder very briefly a bar comes up telling me that its copy protected......How can my nfl games i taped in ep mode on vhs have a signal of copy protection in it? Its very real cause i have taped 7 games already and they are all like this.....i have a philps 615r dvd recorder......can anyone help me