1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy right protection

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gerard514, Feb 4, 2005.

1. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I made a backup of my dvd using dvd shrink to dvd decryptor and anydvd running in the background. My question is:

1)))
    Is there a way for me to keep the copy right protection and the region code 1 on the backup copy of the disc. For example if i try to make a copy of my backup i cant unless i have a program like anydvd on. I want to do this so if i lend out my copy of the dvd i dont want the borrower to make a copy of my unprotected disc. Let me know if i was clear in explaining this.

THank you for your help.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

No,you cant encrypt a backup.If your worried about people copying them,then dont lend them out.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Just lend those backups to those certain friends who don't have a pc dvd burner or a home dvd recorder,lol

Scratch up those backups so they give crc errors to those friends who try to rip them.

That is why these forums are here,to rip the encryptions.

Another can of worms has been opened.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You could buy a stand alone recorder that states it uses CPRM. It will encrypt a copy for you that can't be copied. Just don't use it on your own copies.

Jerry

5. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

What is cprm? And this would mean a recorder that would most likly not copy the exact dvd disc>?

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Copy Protection for Recorded Material: They are starting to embed this in some stand alone recorders. It actually encrypts anything you record on it. I'm guessing if you wanted to copy protect a dvd backup you could just recopy it on one of these. The second copy would have the protection on it. Here is a link about it.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/01/10/everything_you_ever_wanted/

Jerry

7. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I have noticed on dvd shrink under preferences and output files that there is an option called REMOVE MACROVISION PROTECTION. if i uncheck this would this keep the copy protection on my disk? therefore noone else who borrows my disc can make a copy of it>

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

There is more than macrovision protection on a dvd movie. I don't think it will help but you could try one on a RW disc. Then try to do a straight disc copy with something like Nero disc copy. If it reads the disc OK it didn't work.

Jerry

9. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

i have to go out and get some rw- i also noticed the same thing in decryptor althought im not sure if its the same thing in the ifo mode theres options to remove the rc protection and the rce protection.

The one mentioned rc is that just regional protections? I think that rce protection is the macrovision protection atleast i think it is.

10. wild77

wild77 Guest

Here is something to think about if you are able to back up your copy protected movies don't you think your friends could do the same.

11. scalper66

scalper66 Member

yes but if u DID copy protect it think couldnt your friend just use decrypt and unprotect same ass the origanal ? think

12. scalper66

scalper66 Member

yes but if u DID copy protect it think couldnt your friend just use decrypt and unprotect same ass the origanal ? think