1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy VCD(Dat file) and make another copy of VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by struts, Sep 26, 2002.

1. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I think what struts really wanted was for somebody to do all his thinking for him.. Not my style, sorry. :)~

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

absolutely
    Lets let this one alone.

Paul.

3. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

OH! YOU Awful BUGGER !!!!!

I'm an (older) guy, Paul, and having been around during his heydey, I just *know* that Englebert Humperdinck came (comes) from Wales, so like, I am just-plain-JEALOUS that you "just happened to be" 'touring' around his home town somewhere West of the UK, when poor simple guys like *me* can only see him once every 5 years when he holds a concert performance at the 'Metro Center' here in Halifax!

Oh! It ain't fair! (sob!)

{{The Last Waltz; Am I That Easy To Forget; Two Different Worlds....}} Oh! Ratz, loaded, after I finish (Finnish?) answering my posts here, I'm going to have to visit Grokster (peer-to-peer) to seek out some more Humperdinck tunes!!!!)

(What's a 'Ruminant'?), and gosh, I find JAVA to be a real pain-in-the-ass, a clunker (just a lot of overhead).

Welcome Back! (And god bless your Sony).

-- Mike/Klingy/Captain Nemo/Taxi-Driver --

4. loaded

Klingy, you are very strange.

Very strange indeed.

In answer to your question, a goat or sheep can usually referred to as a ruminant, although it is in fact any animal which 'chews the cud'. Wales as you may know is famous for, how shall I put this, the providing of certain sexual services to these animals, which they might not normally expect to receive. That said, it is actually part of the UK and we are very proud of it. (!)

The welsh point out that as their 'country' is very hilly, if you flattened it out it would be the size of England. I think that is a very good idea!

Enough nonsense, on with the show.

Paul.

:)

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It's just like my father always taught me, Give em all you got and they'll throw it in your face!!!!!!!!

Forget this post, I tried to help and thats all I can do, give me a break!!!!!!!

It aint like I try to be top forum user on purpose, I have a lot of free time on my hands lately but hey If you want me to stop posting fair nuff!!!!!

lol

6. mashfanuk

mashfanuk Member

Enough Already!

If you want to copy a disc regardless of type etc, the best software to use is Clonecd.

It could not be easier, put the disc in, clik on the icon which shows copy disc to disc, it will do what it has to, then read the disc, then prompt you to insert your target disc, it will do it's thing and hey presto you have a copy of the original. (Note:it=Clonecd)

It's unfair to berate this forum due to one own inablities, do not be afraid to make a few coasters, after all, knowledege is hard learnt and there is always a price.

So go and clone away to your hearts content.

Thanks.
    In memory of Dolly the the original - clone.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  7. Dela

Clone CD kicks ass but cdrwin is better!!!! Far better!!!!!!

By the way, I am at no point bringing this topic to a serious point where people can argue over something small.

I answered a question (several times) and all it was, was a mis-understanding on both my behalf and struts behalf. We both looked upon it different ways lol!!!

The place filled up pretty fast though didn't it. lol

8. loaded

Dela, it was nothing personal, I think it is great that you can spend all this time on the site. Afterdawn needs you!

Paul.

9. Dela

I didnt take it personally

I know a joke when i see's one

no hard feelins mate!!!!

10. mashfanuk

mashfanuk Member

DAT to VCD - Follow up

In my last post, in the heat of the battle (lol), I forgot to mention the follwing...

1. Use Nero 5.5.9.0 as follows
    A. Open Nero
    B. Clik on Nero Express
    C. Enter Nero Express
    D. From the "File" menu selcet "New"
    E. Use the wizard and navigate to VCD (note: use "Other Compilation" to get there
    F. Using the File directory tree on the right open the folder containing the DAT file.
    G. Drag the DAT file into the left side of the window under "Track"
    H. Nero will analyse the file
    I. Upon Completion you are now ready to Burn
    J. From the "file" menu select "write CD"
    H. And away we go

note please see posting under "PBC Free(S)VCD With Nero 5.5.9 (APEX AD-500w)" (use search of this forum to locate) and mark the PBC aspect.

Note:
    All those of have APEX AD 500W

I beleive it is the best dvd player as it plays DVD VCD SVCD and CD-R/W discs in aforementioned formats alas it is not dolby 5.1 compatible unless I am mistaken

Moral:
    1. Get APEX AD 500W or compatible
    2. Burn Any format on CD-R/W
    3. All mistakes are forgiven on CD-RW
    4. Long Live Warez

5. The Welsh are marvelous are a race see Tom Jones boyo, Neil Kinoock notwithstanding (LOL)

Thanks
    In Memory of Dolly the Original Clone

11. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

and 15 posts later, people are still trying to help the helpless.. gosh, you guys really are the best :)

I think poor struts decided 15 email notifications ago that he was going to delete anything from afterdawn.newsletter from his inbox.

Anyhow, we tried to help. I won't lose any sleep over his inablity to copy a VCD.

Good night fellow encoders!

12. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Clone cd should have done it.....lol

13. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

loaded>> Klingy, you are strange. Very strange indeed.

Certainly. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it, right?

(Btw, how do you suppose I might go about copying a vcd disc for use on my dvd player? - Just wondering, thanx.) [ducking...]

-- Confused --

14. loaded

Arrrrrghhhhh!

But VCDJunkie (respect) is right, Struts is long gone!

Paul.

15. Dela

Hey someone please close this thread!!!!

Its a waste of time recieving update notifications when no questions are being asked!!!!

16. jasbo

jasbo Member

Hey guys hope you haven't abandoned this topic yet. I have been following this thread and have a few questions/angles that haven't been covered yet or I still can't figure out. Like struts, I too, am new at copying VCDs. I realize it "isn't rocket science". I just have never done it and am trying to figure it out. I would greatly appreciate your expertise!
    1. Do I need a DVD burner to copy VCD's? I currently have a CD burner.
    2. Do I need to purchase Nero express for $49 to get the results you are describing, or is the 30 day trial period enough to let me copy a few VCDs?
    3. Will I be able to burn copyrighted VCDs onto my own disks or will I encounter some sort of a block?
    4. Can I use a standard CDR or CDRW to copy my VCD onto? Or is there a special disk for copying VCDs?
    I really appreciate the simplicity of mashfanuk's post (steps a-k); however after downloading Nero Express I encountered some inconsistencies. The way they have it set up is different from what you were describing. Perhaps this is due to the version being 5.5.9.1.4 rather than5.5.9.0. Anyway it does look extremely simple and straightforward.
    STEP F- I found no "file directory tree" on the screen. I found a "+ADD" button in the upper right corner. When I clicked this I was taken to a "select files and folders" screen with "my documents" at the top. When I searched this I was able to find the title of my VCD on drive D:. Do I want the original VCD in drive D: (for DVDs) and the blank disk I am copying to in drive C: (for CD's)? My computer is currently only equipped with a CD burner. Can I copy directly from disk to disk or do I have to copy my VCD to a hard drive first?
    STEP G- once I found the VCD title I was unable to "drag" it under the "track"s.
    What am I doing wrong? There are only so many ways to go here. Not a whole lot of options!!
    What is a DAT anyway?
    Also on the final screen of Nero Express I am asked to choose "current reader" to burn on. Should it be image recorder(cd-r/rw) or E:LIte-on LTR-24120M(cd-r/rw)??
    Sorry for being so long winded. I am a rookie at this (obviously) and am just trying to clear up some questions. I'm sure all you guys fly right through this stuff. I really appreciate your expertise.
    Thanxs again, Jasbo

17. loaded

1 No
    2 Yes
    3 ?
    4 Up to you and No

18. Dela

1. No no dvd burner a dvd drive seperate from a cd-writter would be handy though

2. The 30-day trial is enough for a few vcds (besides nero isnt the only vcd burning software!!!)

3. Sure you can!!

4. Standard 80min cd-r is best.

Open Nero and close everything that opens EXCEPT NEROS MAIN WINDOW!!!

Click file - Cd-Copy. Click the copy options tab and select the cd drive with the sourse vcd!!

Click Burn and then copy cd.

Now if you mean copying dvds to vcd then read this...

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2vcd_with_smart_dvd2avi_tmpgenc.cfm

Hope it works for ya!!

19. jasbo

jasbo Member

Really appreciate the input. I'll try it later tonight when I get home from work. I'll let you know my progress then.
    Anymore input is greatly appreciated.
    By the way i have Roxio CD creator on my computer already. Would this work too or is Nero the way to go?
    I appreciate your help Dela. One thing though. I have two drives on my computer. A DVD player and a CD burner drive. Which drive should I put my original VCD into that I want to copy? I'm assuming that it goes into the DVD drive.
    Appreciate your patience. Think I'm getting closer. Should have it figured out soon.
    Thanxs again, Jason

20. Dela

Nero Burning Rom is easier trust me!!!

Put your original vcd into the dvd drive and a blank into the writer. Nero will copy from one straight to the other. However, when asked about burn speed, try and keep it around 4x because on-the-fly copying (from one drive to the other) tends to leave out small bits of data that could be your movie, reulting in worse quality. So the more time you spend the better the quality.

One thing i forgot to say in my last post!!! when you open the copy options tag, make sure on the fly is selected!!

good luck now!!