1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy VCD(Dat file) and make another copy of VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by struts, Sep 26, 2002.

1. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Could we make this post anymore longer ? ooops I just did darn it ......Nero is the way to go!

2. jasbo

jasbo Member

Thank-you for your patience and expertise. By following your instructions I was able to successfully burn my first VCD. Very Cool!!! Thanxs for putting up with me. Just wanted you all know that you are making a difference and really helping people out.
    Guess I was just psyching myself out and overanalyzing something that is actually pretty straightforward.
    Have a great day. Perhaps we'll talk again. Sure I'm bound to get stuck again and will need your help while I stumble through the unknown.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ah ye, sure we all get stuck sometimes!!!!

Thanx

later!!!

4. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

See ya later alligator.
    All the best.
    Bye for now.
    Don't take any wooden nickles.
    Keep in touch.
    Ta ta.
    It's been a slice.
    Take care.
    Catch ya later.
    Don't let the bedbugs bite.
    See ya on the flip side.
    Don't make a stranger of yourself.
    Ya'll Come Back Now, Y'Hear?

-- Klingy the Mike --

5. Dela

Are ya hinting its about time to end the thread??????

Questions like these will always come up so this threads lifespan will probably last a bit longer so don't say goodbye yet!!

6. struts

struts Member

Hi All,
    First of all I am apologizing for making that statement when I was in frustration mood. As some of you guy's said I am rally dummy of making these and when I tried those steps which are explained some folks,I didn't get the same sequence or getting unexpected exceptions. I have posted what I have did and what I got ....It drawn me into real frustration. But I am not really mean it about this site and people.

The meaning of "hmmmmmmm" is frustration of not able to making cvd's.But not on the people.
    "Sorry about the site " is making statement for not getting perfect answers from you guy's.But I am not really mean it about site.One guy's described that I am expecting you guy's to do of all my thinking..no..that is not correct.I am expecting some suggestions for my thinking that you guy's are experts in that field.

I red each one of you guy's comments about me.Some of you guy's made some offensive statements and I felt very bad about them.Ok If I made some mistakes ,You guy's can point it out..but you should not make same mistake as I did while pointing out my mistake.

Regarding not replying after this many replays is simply not checking this site..cause my 3 weeks back I tried to upgrade my computer memory from 128MB to 512MB.I bought a K-Bite company memory and it was short circuited my hole computer.Luckyly I still have service agreement with Dell and those guy's sent me a new mother board and got fixed yesterday,and I am back to do my VCD stuff again.

After so many offensive threads I still got some replays for how to do VCD's.I really appreciate you guy's and I will try to and will you feed back.

7. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

OK Struts, we forgive you. But two things.

1 (No I am not being pedantic) but do you mean cvd (China Video Disk) of VCD (Video Compact Disk)? You mention both.

2 Maybe want to rethink the strutsguru sign off?

3 It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I have been frustrated and it is possible to bite the hand that feeds you.

4 Yes I know, that is 3 things (now four)

Good luck and happy burning...

Paul

:)

8. Dela

Sorry if I said anything in frustration (I'm known for it) but I couldn't be bothered looking over this thread to see if I did, Its just too long. Just make sure that you rethink your words because the words "I'm sorry about this site" have a few different meanings and in a frustrated mood, any1 would tend to pick out the worst!

I think wat happened was, too many people tried to help at once and when you were responding to one, another one couldn't understand what you meant (thinking it was aimed at them) and it just went on and on until all hell broke loose!!

anyway, fu©k it now, its all in da past and its somethin that shouldn't be argued about!!

9. struts

struts Member

Ok.After all I was able to use Nero for copieng my VCD.But it is 780MB size of DAT file.I have CD-R(70oMB) and CD-R/W(650MB).Nero rejecting as they don't have sufficient space.
    1.is there any CD's available with 800MB size?
    or.
    Can How to save DAT file in my Hard rive then I will convert it into MPEG then I can CUT and Edit all files and make it fit into 2 CD's by using TemPeg software.

Can I do that?.Did I say anything wrong?.
    Is so please correct me.
    Thanks.

10. struts

struts Member

OK.With nero express i am able to copy to hard disk.But it is saving as *.nrg image file.How to conver this file into MPEG?.Or is there any way to cut this image file and make as 2 CD's?

Thanks.

11. Dela

Actually, 780mb's is fine because that means 78mins of standard vcd. You can fit 800mb on a 700mb cd of vcd. BUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE A VCD COMPILATION! Copy the dat file to the hard drive and then open nero.

Select "Compile a new cd" and click next!
    Select "Other CD Formats" and click next!
    Select "Video CD" and click next and click Finish!

Now you will see your compilation window on the left and your file browser on the right. Drag the 780mb file into the vcd compilation! Nero will checkthe file for a minute. You will notice that the capacity bar at the end will be under 80mins! Now click File - Write CD!! and thats it.

If you have two drives like a dvd drive and a writer under it, then you could just click file - CD-Copy..., follow a few steps and it would copy from one to the other straight!

Hope this will help you!

12. struts

struts Member

Dela,
    I tried that.It is ejecting my CD and asking me to upt CD with sufficient space.

I tried with TMPGEnc.Here I am using Merge and Cut utility.

I have created one 60 min file from 75 min file.It was working.

But when I merge remaining 15 min from first file and 50 min from second file.I got the final out put file.Video is ok.But Audio is not coming after first 15 min.Some how Audio is not Merging with second file.When I use Merge and Cut.Do you have any Suggetion for that?.

Thanks.

13. Dela

God, I dunno!!

I am completely surprised by the fact that you were asked for a disk with higher capacity. That should have fit no problem.

As for merge and cut, try using CM's Digital Video Tool to merge and cut!

Do me a favour and tell me the complete length of the vcd??

14. struts

struts Member

798,847KB.I Tried with Nero to burn VCD."Not Enough space" message.

15. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

I suppose this thread is dead and gone but I read through it with interest, but quite rapidly.

I might be wrong but I think no one explained to or asked struts - 'Why not just play the thing off your hard drive?'

Anything will copy the .dat file to your hard drive and the .dat file IS the movie. Almost any vcd player will play it.

Myself I've got a question about sometime you can't copy the .dat file successfully. I'll start a new thread.

16. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Struts are you sure you have 700mb cd-r blank media sounds like you have 650mb blank media cd-r's

17. struts

struts Member

It is Imation-CD-R 80MIN/700 MB

18. Dela

I'm still confused here because 798mb is in fact fine for a 80min disk because 800mb = 80min vcd. What I meant though is not the size of the movie but the length in minutes if possible????

19. duckbert

duckbert Member

Here is what you are doing wrong.

1. You are trying to copy the VCD to the hard drive

In programs such as nero, it saves it as a nero disk image. This will not work because it only can store files in the typical ISO format (700mb, not 800,000kb that a VCD uses) So unless you can do a direct streaming disk copy (have two CD/DVD drives and copy from one to another without touching the HD) it will not work. If you do have two then do a disk copy in nero (File->CD copy)

2. You are not using TMPGEnc properly.
    I would only use this if a disk is a bit slow or you can't do a direct stream copy. Open up TMPGEnc, go to de-multiplex (not simple de-multiplex) select the .dat file in the VCD and it will present you with two or three streams - the audio and the video, rip both of these separetly to the HD (double click on each stream) and once they are finished, go to simple multiplex and add the two streams together. Once this is finished, bust out nero, create a new VCD (copile a new cd in the wizard or select Video-CD in the standard dialogue.) Add the final MPEG file that you created from the multiplex and burn away.

Note. - This is on the assumption that you are using a 700mb/80min VCD, and are not trying to copy an 80min mov onto a 72min CD.

I hope this helps you all.

20. Dela

Actually, he tried ages ago to do a disk2disk copy but he got the capacity message. Every method posted should have worked and thats why I have great interest in this, cause I never encountered a problem like this!

I didnt even understand for ages what he was really looking for (nobody did). I'm gonna sit back now and see if he gets the problem solved and see if I can add a little more!