1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying a DVD Backup

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mjb123, Oct 16, 2004.

1. mjb123

mjb123 Guest

Is it possible to copy a DVD backup copy that will play in a stand alone DVD player? If so how is it done?

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Did you by chance use 321 xcopy series to burn the original ? If so that suite of programs will not allow you to re burn a backup but you can use shrinkdvd or clonedvd .

Try the guides section for shrink details:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2004
  3. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

You can also try using CloneDVD2.

4. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

Are you saying that I can't use NERO to backup a backup that was done with xcopy platinum?

6FOOT

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you got it in one ,change your burning program to something like shrink or clone and you will be on your way again

6. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I think I"m going to go ahead and switch to SHRINK, will i be able to to run multiple backups using shrink along with decryptor?

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

not exactly but with shrink this program will allow you to save the files to your hard drive and its quite easy to transfer from hard drive back to disk

8. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I'm in the process of using SHRINK & DECRYTER right now! It was pretty simple to set up' just have to wait and see what the finished product will perform like. From what I've read I should now be able to backup from the VOB'S that were saved on my hard drive, correct? I guess decrypter was used to burn the backups to my HD & DVD.

6foot

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

correct

10. mjb123

mjb123 Guest

Thanks! Shrink works great. I can now make a copy of a backup. Thank You again.

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no probs you do realise that if you only want the movie you can cut the extras out right .Do you know how to get 2 movies on one disc using shrink

12. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

Now that i have these backups saved to my HD, how do i transfer them to disk?

13. mjb123

mjb123 Guest

That's a great idea. How do I do that? How do I use the files copied to my hard drive again or do I have to delete them.

14. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

If you have the movies converted to ISO files on your hard drive you can simply burn them X number of times (X being your choice) to DVDs using Decrypter or Nero . . or other programs. If you are still at the VTS folder stage you need to use Shrink to encode the VOBs, etc., to an ISO file . . . which you then burn to a DVD. It's always nice to check the burnt DVD to make sure it's good before deleting the ISO file - you can keep the ISO file or delete it . . . up to you.

15. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

MAN! Dropping DVDXCOPY and switching to SHRINK & DECRYPT is the best move i've made since i started backing up. The programs are so easy to use! The process of backing up a dvd may take awhile, but it's worth it. So if anyone out there is getting frustrated with dvdxcopy platinum, just make the switch and see the difference.

6FOOT