1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a DVD X Copy backup with DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bruceb3, Feb 1, 2005.

1. bruceb3

bruceb3 Member

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I did some backups with DVD X Copy. That was ok but I messed up and put labels on them. When I checked them recently, over half were unplayable, and no, I'm not going to spend hours removing labels. When I tried to backup the ones that were still readable, as they start analyzing, I get an error message in Shrink that says "Invalid DVD navigation structure". Then when I rip them to an ISO with Decrypter and try to open them with Shrink, I get "Invalid UDF filesystem". What am I doing wrong?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

are you sure the entire disc is playable? sounds to me like it is corrupted, and only sections of the disc are now readable. probably the same thing that happened to your other backups.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try using a straight disc copy program instead of Shrink. The disc made with X copy has no encryption on it so any regular disc copy program should be able to copy it.

Jerry

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Ditto to what Jerry said. Just copy the whole VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive first and then burn the entire directory unto a DVD from there. There's no encryption on the DVDXCopy disc.