1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by asaucedo, Jun 30, 2007.

1. asaucedo

asaucedo Member

I am trying to copy a DVD onto a DVD-R. I have the DVD Decryptor and DVD shrink. I also have the Nero software. I've tried to copy but it doesn't work. I already ran the dvd using the DVD decryptor and saved the files. Then i opened them in Nero and tried burning onto the DVD-R and it says it has successfully been written, but the DVD-R doesn't work.xWhat do I need to do to successfully copy my movie?

2. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

encode the files to an image folder(which i think you did) then open dvd shrink and click open files and find the image folder then it will work, it can be set to burn with nero.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what do you mean when you say:
    does this mean that your disk doesn't play in a DVD player? Does it play on your computer? Or is the disk still blank, that Nero isn't working properly? if the disk was written to and Nero acknowledges a successful burn and it doesn't play on your player then it's a compatibility problem:

there are plenty of reasons why certain dvds won't play in other players:

1. burning speeds: burn at 4x so there will be less writing errors (rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of the disk--8X disk burn at 4x).
    2. read manual for your stand alone player and use the disks that will play in your player. If your player is less than 2 yrs old then it should play the + or - R disks! I said SHOULD that's why you read the manual.
    3. try booktyping your drive to DVd-ROM so it will make your +R disks more compatible to players. Read this:
    http://k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    4. make sure that there are no finger prints or scratches on your disk that make it hard for the player to read the disk!
    5. use good quality media (rule of thumb....buy the ones that are Made in Japan.) Verbatim is a top notch disk and is the only exception to this rule....some Verbatims are made in Taiwan and they are top notch!
    6. and don't burn too close to the outer edge of the disk ..... which will make the disk unreadable! but using good media you will be able to burn close to the edge better than lesser quality media. Just in case I only burn no closer than 4400MB, so if you can set your programs to that, all the better!

also check to make sure your disk is correctly a PAL or an NTSC format depending on your area where you live!

but if this is not your problem and you still don't know if you correctly copied your DVD, then here are some guides to help you learn what to do and how to do it:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

good luck to you and happy burning and welcome to Afterdawn!

4. asaucedo

asaucedo Member

I already opened the files with DVD shrink and it was analyzed. I then ran a Backup onto the Hard Disk Folder. I then opened the Nero Burning ROM and under New Compilation, I selected DVD; then DVD Video. I then selected NEW file and then copied all the files from the VIDEO TS folder (was 9 total files, 2 .bup, 2 .ifo, and 5 .vob) Then I clicked on the Recorder tab; Select Recorder; Image Recorder device and clicked OK. It took about 30 minutes for the DVD-R to be copied then it said that it had been successfully completed. So i tried playing the movie, but it still doesn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
    I know that the disc should work because i already have a copied dvd on the same disk and it works fine. So the disc is compatible with my dvd player and computer. The disc is new so there are no scratches or fingerprints on it. I also only burned it at 4400MB

5. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

there is no need to use nero its only needed to burn with dvd shrinkyou click backup on dvd shrink and then jus wait till its done then it should autimatically start burning

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

did you actually click on your DVD burner? or was it a virtual drive? if you just clicked on Image Recorder then you didn't record onto disk........ next time pick your DVD burner not Image Recorder. or am I not understanding you?

also you can set Shrink to burn with Nero, just like tennisboy said.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  7. asaucedo

asaucedo Member

How do I set DVD shrink to burn with Nero? I already clicked on Backup and it started encoding, but the DVD-R still doesn't work. What else do I need to do?

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  9. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

thanks IHoe

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

enjoy!!

11. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

i just meant thanks cause i couldnt explain it like you did.

12. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I knew what you meant...... no biggie! happy burning!