1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying a non-copy righted dvd, having issues. This was recorded in Mexico.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigdog3c, Aug 14, 2004.

1. bigdog3c

bigdog3c Member

I have been burning DVD-R for about a month now.

I have a dvd of my friends wedding that he needs copied.

He was married in Mexico and this was produce there. They told him it was reigned for USA. But he can not find a player that will play it (other then a portable one he borrowed from another friend on a trip).

I am having trouble with it. I have a Sony dvd + - Burner and it does not want to read it all the time.
    Every time I put it in it tries to read it and it starts windvd. Then my machine starts getting real slow and freezes any programs that have to do with the dvd drive (my computer and windvd).

I usually use dvd shrink and clonedvd2, which are great simple programs to do what I usually do.

I have been reading the forum and tried DVD crypter. This has been able to read the dvd and have been able to pull most of the dvd files off.

I have been getting read errors and the last couple of files. I selected ignore but it looks like it is having troubles. It looks like the dvd has a scratch on it but not too sure if that is what the issue is. It is a two-disk set and they both have similar issues.

I was thinking it might have something to do with the fact it was produced in Mexico.

I also tried gspot to see what it would tell me.
    And just like any other gspot I am having trouble hitting it and making it work for me. (Maybe I should get my wife to work on this program for me, she seems to be able to work the gspot very well).

Ok, back to the issue. Sorry this is so long and jumbled, its about 6:30 am now and I have been at this for a long Friday night.

Let me know if there is anything I missed or any other info you need.

Any help would be appreciated!!

BD3c

2. billmex

billmex Guest

I live in Mexico and a fiend had a video of a wedding and wanted a copy , i used nero rom copy and its works fine, i don,t know what or who made your copy but nero should work, its bit for bit ok, hope this hwlps?