1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Back-Up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WelshBoa, Mar 16, 2004.

1. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Me and a friend were having a discussion about the quickest, but most accurate way to copy a DVD back-up.

He uses Nero and then just selects "DVD Copy", but I'm guessing that Nero does this on-the-fly so any imperfection in the DVD would be more likely to muck up the copy right?

I would always put it through Shrink again so it creates the sub folders (it obviously wouldnt need to compress it again) and then burn with Nero on UDF/ISO settings.

Is the plain DVD Copy process pretty accurate or what does anyone else do?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The fastest way is to use any regular disc copy program, Nero, recordnow Max, or even Roxio. No need to run through DVDshrink again. Any imperfections would show up either way. Best not to do ON THE FLY. More chance of errors that way. Let the program copy to HD 1st then auto burn back.

Jerry

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you could also use dvd decrypter in iso-read, iso-write mode. i find this program reads the source dvd the fastest.

4. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Use the iso format for xbox game copies just whenever I tried the disc to disc copy it scans and burns both discs at same time