1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Bad Disc to good Disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Adouble11, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

I have Ritek DVDr's and they are absolute junk. I just purchased some TY's and I would like to copy my movies on my Riteks to TY's. I have about 80 movies so I don't want to get rid of them, but the thing is out of the 80 movies I only probably watched 40 of them. Out of those 40 I had a lot of problems like skipping, color blotching. What I want to know is if I copy a movie that skips will it skip also on my TY's? If I run my Riteks through shrink before I copy them to my TY's will the analyzation detect the skips and eliminate them?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

These issues sound more like stand alone player issues. Ritek's are pretty good media,but some burners may not like them.

If you have a scan test tool like nero and dvdinfopro have,you can scan them to see if they are actual errors.

Since they are already ripped,and compressed, You can use dvd decrypter in iso-read/ and iso-write mode.This may be quicker than re-encoding them with dvd shrink only.Or you could just open up shrink/backup entire disc/and hit ok.
    Or if you have nero express and a separate dvd-rom drive,you can make a disc to disc copy.

However,if there are actual errors on those backups,encoding will be tougher.You'll most likely get "crc" errors. If this is the case,use dvd decrypter: "Rip with brute force and Ignore all read errors".

Those movies that skip/pixellate: Do they have these issues when you watch them on your pc,using the drive that burned them?

3. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

One instance I had a problem with a movie and I put it in my burner drive and it had the same problem. Towards the end of the movie it just froze and wouldnt play anymore on my burner and my home DVD player. I have a friend who uses my exact same burner (lite-on) and Riteks also and he really never had a problem, but recently Ritek has been making some junk. Maybe I was exaggerating, but I'm probably getting 5-10 discs out of 50 that skip towards the end of the movie even when I customize the setting to 4300MB max disc size.

4. colw

colw Active member

Do not think you are going too have much luck - old adage - garbage in - garbage out.

Are you using labels on your burnt DVD's? - If so remove them - they will cause skipping/freezing problems.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

and your burning speed may be to high also.i only go 4X

6. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

I don't use labels, I use Ink Jet Printable DVDR's and I print covers on them. I read at full speed and write at 4X.

I have about 40 movies I haven't watched and I'd hate to throw them out. On the other hand I don't want to copy a bad movie. Thats why I was wondering if there is any software to eliminate the skips (DVD Shrink?).

7. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

- eliminate the skips before I write to my new TY's.

8. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

You could always just try one and see what happens!!! Watch it then burn another if it worked, watch that one see if it works, then burn another if it works, watch that one see if it works...etc. I wouldn't just burn all your disc's then find out you have a problem. Like the forty you have now. ---zen-->